Snowblower Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1538 Posts

·
Registered
Toro 826LE/w Repowered Tecumseh 10.5
443 Posts
Here’s a link to the lights from Amazon:

Auxbeam 4" LED Pods 18W Flood LED Light Bar 1800lm Driving Light Off Road Lights for SUV ATV UTV Trucks Pickup Boat (Pack of 2) Amazon.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the same light on Mine. Just used one for now. It's not bad, only used the blower once so far this winter.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So after perusing this topic I’ve come to realize that I’m better off just wearing a hi power led headlamp. With 1500 plus posts on this topic I’ve come to realize i don’t want to expend so much effort for something I’m going to use 3 times a season (and probably snap off the lights when i put it back in storage )

·
Registered
289 Posts
i ordered some stuff..but I have been wrestling with the understanding of my outdoor lighting. I know a MR16 led bulb works on 12VAC. produces 520 lumens....6.8 watts.

talking this through with my brother.....and He is going to try this. and it probably will work. https://www.amazon.com/GLW-Waterpro...ts&qid=1641258346&sr=8-5&th=1#customerReviews

can run 2...and its plenty of light. no rectifier...no complications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LED lights successfully installed on Troy Bilt 5024 Snowblower!

I finally got it working! I ditched the harness and red wire coming off the stator that is supposed to be DC and instead went with the yellow AC wire and a bridge rectifier that everyone else on this forum appears to have used.

My final parts list was:
  • (1) 5 amp inline fuse - 16 gauge
  • (1) full wave bridge rectifier
  • (2) 2200 uF 50 V capacitors
  • (1) SPST toggle switch
  • (2) 18W Cree LED lights
  • 16 gauge primary wire (red and black)
  • Electrical connectors and heat shrink tubing

Below is my final wiring diagram I followed. I might add another fuse between the bridge rectifier and LED's in the future.

And the finished product...

Special thanks to @JerryR and @MnP40C for their help and guidance!

-Mike
Hi there,
I used the same schematic you posted, but I can't understand what the ground wire going to the - side of the switch is for. I have an arrow pointing to it in the attachment.
Without it, the system works. Although I am getting a great deal of flicker at low idle.

Regards,
Al

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ground path for an illuminated switch LED?
I don't think that would be needed for an illuminated switch. It's the wire I show with an arrow pointing to it. Otherwise, it's working fine without it. Although I am getting flicker though even with the 2 Caps inline. I'll bet my Stator is just not putting out enough voltage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1974 Ariens 8Hp
63 Posts
I've read all 1500 posts, some great information and helpful members. I saw this on my local FB Marketplace, looks like Craftsman had the housing lightbar idea a long time ago. Not sure of the age of the blower. I would pick it up just for the lightbar and put LEDs in it. They only want $50.
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Plant

·
Registered
Smp 860, Arns 22k, 924026, Pwrlite
880 Posts
I've read all 1500 posts, some great information and helpful members. I saw this on my local FB Marketplace, looks like Craftsman had the housing lightbar idea a long time ago. Not sure of the age of the blower. I would pick it up just for the lightbar and put LEDs in it. They only want $50.
View attachment 187019
Do it ! Neat machine needs love.

·
Registered
1974 Ariens 8Hp
63 Posts
Looking at the pictures in the ad, it looks like it has a second smaller auger at the top of the housing, hence the "Driftbreaker" label. If I didn't already have five snowblowers in my garage, I would probably pick this one up just for the novelty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a 50 amp 1000 volt bridge rectifier, here is a link to it.
KBPC5010 Bridge Rectifier | Alltronics
The link to the Alltronics website appears to be abandoned at least for that rectifier. However, a Goggle Search found it on Amazon: Amazon.com So, it sounds like a case of buy it, then plug'n'play ? What LED wattage would you recommend.....I'm thinking two lights. Thank you in advance. [Email deleted per forum protocol. Y.R.]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think that would be needed for an illuminated switch. It's the wire I show with an arrow pointing to it. Otherwise, it's working fine without it. Although I am getting flicker though even with the 2 Caps inline. I'll bet my Stator is just not putting out enough voltage.
Following this diagram, is there a way I could use a On/Off/On Toggle, to use my existing snow blower light, off, or new lights?

1501 - 1520 of 1538 Posts