Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a somewhat local sale for a Deluxe 28 model 921030. I know that's the most current model with the 254cc AX (LCT) motor on it. I'm planning on using it to clear the parking area for my townhouse building here in Virginia so I'm pretty sure it's about the right size for my needs. The current owner supposedly bought it off the shelf at his local Home Depot last year, had his brother who is a small engine mechanic assemble and test it and he only used it once. He's getting rid of it due to a relocation. He's asking $800, I know it sold new for 1K. Says he has all of the documentation and receipt so it should still have some warranty coverage left on it. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on if the warranty is transferable? I'm thinking of offering $700 as it seems to be an ok deal but then again maybe I'm being generous since it is used. Thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks uberT. He never registered it with Ariens when he bought it, would that make a difference at all?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Junx, does the receipt show he paid cash?

I would think the receipt will show a credit card number that links back to him. I don't know how fussy they'd be about something like that in terms of a claim.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i don't think it matters who paid for it. what if you buy one on your credit card as a gift for someone. the person who receives it is the owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts