Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow blower sales for me have taken off early this year, sold 3 machines in the last week.
24" Airens 524 for $260
27" 8hp Spirit machine for $250
24" 5hp Yardman for $250

Best thing about the Yardman sale is I bought that blower in 2001 for $299 on a closeout at HD. 20 years for about $50 for me is pretty good. Anyone else having luck selling this year?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
It comes down to were you live. I just finished selling my last of my lawn mowers and will start thinking about selling the one extra snow blower i have around Thanksgiving.. The people who plan and are careful shoppers are buying now. The procrastinators will be buying in Dec and Jan.

Reactions: Auger1

·
Premium GOT Member
8,226 Posts
Just sold another Murray blower tonight, guy was all impressed with the auger mod that keeps the machines form clogging in wet snow, so that extra work pays off with sales.
Impeller kt. A couple dollars in parts can mean an extra 100 on a Honda....at least and sometimes more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Snow blower sales for me have taken off early this year, sold 3 machines in the last week.
24" Airens 524 for $260
27" 8hp Spirit machine for $250
24" 5hp Yardman for $250

Best thing about the Yardman sale is I bought that blower in 2001 for $299 on a closeout at HD. 20 years for about $50 for me is pretty good. Anyone else having luck selling this year?
Yes I sold my craftsman 24 inch. I paid 379 plus taxes in 2011 (was brand new) and sold it for $280 a few weeks ago. Not bad for 10 years of use. Only changed the belt twice and the oil. Still had original spark plug that I cleaned with my spark plug sandblaster.

I picked up a Toro 826le repowered with a Tecumseh 10.5 HP for $300. Changed most of the bolts on the auger and chute and scraper blade with new stainless bolts from a local supplier for $5. Spray painted it as well. Starter was dead and picked one up this week for $20.

Demand will be high. I'm looking for a spare engine and anything under $150 will go cheaply. I saw a few Honda's on Kijiji for $1500-3k!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just sold another blower today, a 27" Blizzard (Murray) unit today and we still have not had any snow so fat this year.
I am cleaning up a 27" Blizzard (Murray) to sell. Can you share what it sold for and what condition it was in? Mine is a 8hp with electric start and headlight. Thx.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
@evh,

It all depends on location and sometimes time of year .... good running older unit in working condition here in central CT sells well for 250 - 350. After repairs, a fresh paint job will add to a better return for the few dollars in paint plus your time ... :)

I can pick up for free older units that need some repairs and tlc, usually only needing a carb and some bushings, et. .... people just want them gone and most people dont maintain them because they dont know how, or are just to lazy or dont want to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In my experience of you want to sell anything you need to check out your similar posts for pricing and condition.

For snowblowers etc if you have yours in good condition and properly maintained oil changed, very little rust you should get a better price. Some people have lowball offers, so you just need to ignore them.

Some of the posts I see here from you guys are amazing as of the condition of the snowblowers that would be considered vintage.

·
Premium GOT Member
8,226 Posts
I'm usually sold out by now and then have to field emails and messages from many people looking for sumting.

"do you have any 724's?"
"do you have any 928's?"
"do you have ANYTHING?"

it breaks my heart to not have anything when you know it's gonna be easy sales.

this year I will since some of my blowers require a trade in.

self perpetuating hobby.:cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am cleaning up a 27" Blizzard (Murray) to sell. Can you share what it sold for and what condition it was in? Mine is a 8hp with electric start and headlight. Thx.
No I don't mind. I got $275 for it and the machine was in really nice shape. Everything worked, sounds like you have the same machine I sold. I was going to keep it but I have a really nice Yardman 28" with all the bells and whistles I like much better. I do like that it has the quick release levers for the wheel unlock for quick turns.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts