Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably has been posted here before, but there are some interesting user/screen names here on sbf, some are self explanatory but others are truely interesting regarding their origins and meanings! anybody wanna tell the story ?
mine is boring....its the community i live in, have been using it for many years.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
det- Detroit
drbuzzard- dr buzzards savanna blues band

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Mine is just my first initial and the Wheel of Fortune way of spelling my last name. The 1, well, there's only one of me I guess.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine is my 1st name along with a hint at what I do when not blowin snow.

I mentioned the SBF to a buddy yesterday and he thought the forum was about "coke". When I explained it to him he immediately lost interest.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
probably has been posted here before, but there are some interesting user/screen names----

=================================

I happen to own a 1916, two horsepower, Waterlooboy hit & miss flywheel engine. The Waterlooboy company was bought out by John Deere in 1918. They added their name to the ID tag and sold them until 1924, when the engine was replaced with one of John Deere`s own design. ---- John

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
probably has been posted here before, but there are some interesting user/screen names----

=================================

I happen to own a 1916, two horsepower, Waterlooboy hit & miss flywheel engine. The Waterlooboy company was bought out by John Deere in 1918. They added their name to the ID tag and sold them until 1924, when the engine was replaced with one of John Deere`s own design. ---- John
at a glance i would have assumed a geographical link to your sn.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Coby7 is a user name I adopted when I entered the Cobalt forums after purchasing an 07 Cobalt so my daughters could go to university and stay at home. Shortly after I had to purchase a second because the daughters had different schedules so I bought a 2010 wreck and fixed her up.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
GAR was a biker characters name in a movie called Mask and sense I ride a Harley people at my job started calling me Gar.....Plus it's my initials, I think my supervisor started it and I liked it so I am Gar the biker

·
Registered
891 Posts
A db130 is a mono tube amplifier from David Bogen. Someone gave it to me at a tech flea market with all of its tubes missing, but I was able to buy the missing tubes at the same flea market that day. Lo and behold, it worked! If you guys are old enough to know the smell of tubes and the "warm" music it generates, you'll appreciate it more.

Tube Preamplifiers - David Bogen DB130 For Audio Remastering

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
A derivative of a military radio call sign, but that's been many moons ago, so I figured it's not likely to be repeated. Of course nowadays, I spend my hours in front of students, and not troops. I miss the days of wall to wall counseling.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
...tube amplifier... the smell of tubes and the "warm" music it generates, you'll appreciate it more.
From the ground up:

Attention to Detail:

Premium components:

If I'd built that, I'd be proud.

Prouder still that here's Jr. doing it, age 11, intro to electricity 101.

I helped a little... he did most of the board, tricky wiring my department.

Lights up a pair of Focal Chorus 706's real nice.

/hijack, sorry... :eek:

Yanmar because, Yanmar. Ronin, because nobody tells me where to go.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts