Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that everyone here says that you can use the 20/25% off coupons at Harbor Freight for the Predator engines. I've noticed, however, that the coupon says expressly that you can't. Do they accept it anyway?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did work recently when I bought one for a lawnmower. The trick is that you can have one or the other, meaning a motor coupon discount or a 20/25% off coupon but not both.
I wanted to hate this motor because it is Chinese but it is a pretty good Honda knock off and runs well.

QR

·
Registered
657 Posts
They take the coupon. :D I did it in Nov. with a 212cc on sale at the time, and early Jan. with my 301cc, also on sale at the time. Sunday paper coupon section :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hobby lobby is great...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I did work recently when I bought one for a lawnmower. The trick is that you can have one or the other, meaning a motor coupon discount or a 20/25% off coupon but not both.
I wanted to hate this motor because it is Chinese but it is a pretty good Honda knock off and runs well.

QR
Yes these engines do run well and I even own 3 Predator 212cc engines. Two are on snowblowers and one is on a Mini bike. The mini bike only has a 12T clutch and yet it does nearly 40 mph. I seen people put on GTC TAV on instead of a simple friction clutch with this engine and a mini bike will do over 50mph just with the stock Preadtor 212cc engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not seen the HF 25% coupon for at least a year, if anyone knows where they are to be found I'd be thankful as I will be purchasing the 20 ton shop press soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used one to buy my 212 last year, but the coupon didn't mention anything about engines. I think the more recent ones do, so I'm not sure if they'd honor it or not.

My Predator has been doing a good job for me though. It's gotten several really hard workouts clearing 12"+ from my 1200-foot driveway, running at full load for more than an hour at a time. I'm pretty happy with it for $90. Heck, I'd be happy with it for $150! This was this latest snowfall on Tuesday:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I have not seen the HF 25% coupon for at least a year, if anyone knows where they are to be found I'd be thankful as I will be purchasing the 20 ton shop press soon.
Their aren't any currently. If you go over to Garage Journal forum, in the "Hot Deals", they have a tread for Harbor Freight coupon's.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Their aren't any currently. If you go over to Garage Journal forum, in the "Hot Deals", they have a tread for Harbor Freight coupon's.

Most of the time in the Boston Sunday Globe coupon section, just thumb through the misc. coupons and I'd say you would find one at least half of the time. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, thanks TomB, Motor City, and Pathfinder; i will search for a 25% coupon and will report back if and where I locate one - the best snowblowing to you all.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Most of the time in the Boston Sunday Globe coupon section, just thumb through the misc. coupons and I'd say you would find one at least half of the time. :D
Also look at or near the back page of Parade Magazine that comes with many Sunday papers including the Boston Globe. If you go to a coffee shop or dinner on a Sunday you can find plenty of them laying around.

·
Registered
755 Posts
if you know what you want just go to the online store and buy your engine and stuff. They only charge 6.99 for shipping and if your not in a big hurry or there is a harbor freight close to you it probably cheaper than driving to the store.
They do have a place to apply coupons and I have used them on engines on online purchases with no problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts