Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if $750 is a good price for a used (like new) Power Max Heavy Duty 826 OXE? It has a B&S 1150 motor (250cc and 11.5 ft lb). Not sure what year or model # it is because I haven't seen it yet. If there is anything that I should be looking at/for specially on this machine, please let me know.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Brand new with a three-year warranty they go for about $1,100 and might even go for less at the end of season sales, so $750 is too much for an even slightly used one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The current HD 826 OXE (model #38805) is $1300 new. So if it is "like new" then at $650, that's a 50% discount. I'm comfortable with that number. I haven't seen anything comparable for a similar price.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
It's a good price if you are the seller . . . :dizzy:

Buyer . . . not so much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is about what I paid for the exact same machine 2 years ago. Mine was only a couple of years old at the time and looked (and still does look) brand new. I bought mine in late October. So, basically it was prime selling season - I didn’t have much leverage. All that said this time of year, I would think more in the $500 range around here anyway.

If you do it you want regret it for a minute. It’s is a great machine - love the OHV Briggs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts