Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a problem with my Brute 10hp 30" snow blower not propelling itself. This happened after trying to clear very heavy wet snow in the rain. I also noticed a banging sound at this time as if a wrench fell in the impeller. My mechanic friend reinstalled the electric starter which I had removed some months earlier because it was literally falling off. We started the machine and on the level garage floor it went ahead and back normally. The auger, however, was still making a lot of banging. My friend could not detect any bends in the auger but could feel the auger shaft banging against the part where the auger housing attaches to the rest of the snow blower. He figures the shaft bearing needs to be replaced. Other opinions? Could this be an expensive repair.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
it could be all the bearing in the bucket. the good news they are cheap, the bad news is it is a time consuming process. ALOHA to the forms. good luck with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess that's why my friend didn't attempt the repair. I am going to Hawaii in a week. Repairs are backlogged a week and a half at the local repair center. Will report back as to what the repair was. That will likely be some time in January!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts