Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet again, my Toro CCR Powerlite seems to be having some type of issue. It now vibrates so badly that it begins turning to the right on its own when I just leave it on its own. What should I look for?

·
Registered
349 Posts
A soft tire will cause it to run off course because the soft tire becomes smaller in diameter. What seems to be vibrating?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A soft tire will cause it to run off course because the soft tire becomes smaller in diameter. What seems to be vibrating?
The entire thing vibrates when running so I'm not sure. I did however find an large cut in the belt where it suddenly drops about 3/16" of an inch down so that might be the issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
its a single stage with hard rubber tires

make sure the engine mounts are tight
make sure the crank isn't bent
if you have aftermarket paddles make sure they are not contacting the ground when the machine is in the up-right position, the blades should only contact the ground when you tilt the machine

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I agree with William ^^, the paddles may be out of balance causing the vibration, or the scraper bar is worn enough to let the paddles hit the pavement when sitting still and running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a single stage with hard rubber tires

make sure the engine mounts are tight
make sure the crank isn't bent
if you have aftermarket paddles make sure they are not contacting the ground when the machine is in the up-right position, the blades should only contact the ground when you tilt the machine
I made sure they are not contacting the ground. Scraper looks a bit worn so I will replace that and I will replace the belt. If that still doesn't work, how do I check the crankshaft?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts