Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought a 1980s non working craftsman II snowblower @$40can, put ~$80 in parts and she lives once again

replaced auger /impeller shaft bearing, new belts from carquest, cleaned carb and a few minor incidentals eg bolts, lubed her up and she blows.
i broke the friction wheel shaft which i didnt include in cost of repair nor the grease gun, lube, sprays, tach.

i reduced throttle speed until i can get a tach, still need to tune/reclean carb(bought a ebay carb for either direct bolt on or for parts @$13can).

when time permits add the impeller mod using an old 17" tire i have but drilling holes in the impeller will be fun as it uses heavy gauge iron and not stamped metal of newerish blowers.

fyi, its a heavy sob, so it was easier to shovel everything to the eod/boulevard and then use the beast, unless we get major dumps might/will go back to single wheel drive.

fyi again, this is my first snowblower ever and only my second use of it

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
from you getting this home in pieces to having it working that well, Great job and should last you a long time, Pretty heavy duty looking beast too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
old, heavy beast...my kind of machine!

well done on getting her throwing again!

Engine sounds like it's running well. Did you have to dial-back those RPMs from the prior vid?
i actually lowered the rpms slightly via the adjustment screw at the throttle lever, waiting for tach and carb to get delivered to readjust it....and yes shes alot of metal to handle , cant wait for some real snow to test her out

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any complaints about the noise from the neighbours?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good feeling to get that beast working again, and at a reasonable price too.
not to dis any1 but im too cheap(hence my utube channel name) to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on used or a new sb, lol i buy used cars for what some people pay for snowblowers, but thats my nature and financially not able to.
the red car in the vid i found for my son 2.5 yrs ago for $3500can .

Any complaints about the noise from the neighbours?
i did do it when most were still at work, the ones that were outside were looking my way.
just b4 i started the vid a lady walking her dog started running away as soon as i got the blower started up .....or dog was pulling her idk, wish i had caught it on video

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Makes you feel good when you go from a pile of metal in the back of a Chrysler 300 to a nice working machine.
yes it does, thx.
correction , 2000 model year chrysler "300m", its the older version of the "300"

took it down even further

1 - 11 of 11 Posts