Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this vid on YouTube it is from Paul of movingsnow.com. This machine seems to be built like a Sherman tank and can throw. I know it is a $3100. USD unit, but they don't seem to cut any corners on these. The sheaves are beefed up and that Hydro Gear transmission looks awesome as well. I wonder if all the Pro Series Hydro machines have this same beefed up pulley system with the metal Auto-Turn unit.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great, detailed discussion of that machine. Ariens marketing dept could take a lesson from there for folks who desire to know more about a $3100 purchase!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
For sure a great machine! I just don't think I'll ever spend that kind of money on a snowblower.
If I was spending that much money for outdoor stuff I'd buy a zero turn mower way way before a snowblower. Love to have the blower though.:grin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
A follow up to my post above.

I visited the Ariens site. The Rapid trac part numbers are not out but searching my machine (926072 36" hydro pro) and ( ST28 DLET 28" hydro pro track) they share the same transmission part number 04438900
I'd assume the new RapidTrac runs the same tranny as well.

A track snowblower must be tough on the transmission. If a track machine runs X transmission, I feel better knowing I have a "track transmission" in my wheeled snowblower. There is no way I'll burn this tranny up. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know and I'm sure yours will last, always better for parts to be overengineered than under. I saw that tranny on Partstree.com for $282. seems reasonable, although if you paid for labor to install it that's a different story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts