Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Looks great. Now you just need a substantial snow fall to load that impeller and see what it can really do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. Now you just need a substantial snow fall to load that impeller and see what it can really do.
Thanks!
I've actually had it some deep snow left by the plow. It was a bit over the top of the housing and it did a great job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been thinking about doing ths to my Yard Machines. What did you use for the rubber, about what size and did you have any problems?
When I used to tow my 8 x 10 enclosed trailer with my Toyota Tundra one of the rear mudflaps always got caught on the tire flipping upside down and wearing a hole in the mudflap. So I took them both off.

I used a piece of this mudflap for my impeller mod.

The blades on my impeller are very thick steel. I broke a few bits drilling my pilot holes. The blades also have a good curve near the end and I cut my pieces to just start to cover the curve. Looking back now I would make them full length if I were to do it over.

No problems with two little #8 self tapping screws holding each piece on. It has seen some hard work since the install also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts