Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice unit. Any idea why it sprays snow from the left upper auger housing area....?
Good eye, watching it again it seems to be constantly pulling in the snow to that area even though the entire bucket is going through the snow. It almost looks like those Toros with the anti-clog systems (ACS). However we know the Ariens is a standard impeller housing design. It is likely just the impeller pulling it towards the chute which is on the left side.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nice unit. Any idea why it sprays snow from the left upper auger housing area....?
That happens with all snowblowers, watch this honda at the 40 second mark. Its due to the impeller, the snow is directed to go through the chute and some of it splashes agains the left side of the housing and falls in front of the blowers left side.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it can really give Honda and Yamaha a run for their money in the tracked machine market. However consumers will have to give it a chance. It has a steep uphill battle ahead (pun intended). I know that there are those who will always look to Honda or Yamaha for a tracked unit and for good reason they have been building great tracked units for decades, despite some of the recent quality control issues on Honda's newer model(s) discussed at length on this forum. It will be tough for Ariens to get those dyed in the wool Honda and Yamaha fans to switch over as Ariens bread and butter machines for decades have been their wheeled units, that's what theiy're known for. If I lived in a snowbelt or had a need for such a machine the RapidTrak would certainly be on my shortlist. Even if I had to take advantage of a good Synchrony very low interest (nearly non existent interest) finance promo to afford one.

This machine seems to move as fast as you can and bring a new level of ease of use to tracked snowblowers and we know it is built like a tank from his previous vid. Paul said he has another vid coming shortly of it throwing in 12 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts