Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys! I have a list of parts here from my seized engine off the 10962 snow blower. I was not able to find the block number stamped anywhere on the engine, but I know it was the original engine. I believe the engine number is: H70-130067

I don't have any specific ideas on prices since the majority of these parts are original and used and some aren't wholly perfect in any shape or form. Therefore hit me up with a REASONABLE offer. What you see in the pics is what you get, parts and hardware. I would rather see these go to someone that wants them rather than scrap. I will figure out shipping if an offer is made and accepted. Some of the heavier parts will cost a bit to ship. More than one item makes shipping cheaper, so make sure if you want more than one thing that you do it right away.

I have also saved the much larger pics in case you need to see something really close up and I can take more.

1: Engine air shroud with "upgraded" pull handle. Recoil works fine, never went limp, could use a quick shot of cleaner to make it better. Includes the two bolts that attach it to the bottom plate, #5. The original owners lost two of the screws that hold the top cover plate on, they replaced them with regular bolts and lock washers. The shroud does not have the "7HP" sticker, probably came off many years ago.

2: Carburetor "hot box". Fair shape with most stickers still intact, however it did not come with the choke plunger when I got it.

3: Head/spark plug air shroud.

4: Side engine air shroud

5: Air shroud bottom cover plate with bolts.

6: Recoil cup with debris mesh. Includes washer (not shown).

1: 120v starter. Newer starter, though unsure of age (withing the past six years at least), installed by original owner. Comes with screws for mounting the plug socket and bolts for the starter, however one is missing, previous owner did not torque these bolts. I only found out today when I removed it. May be used on other engines, but starter is stamped with 'Tecumseh' on the side.

2: Flywheel. No missing teeth, comes with nut and key.

3: Armature with mounting bolts. Could use a new grounding wire and a new spark plug boot and clip. The clip did not fit the new plug I installed and moisture somehow got under the boot and rusted it.

Carburetor with choke, throttle and governor control mechanisms. Originally cleaned at a local small engine shop. New choke lever (and I think I replaced the choke plate). Brand new gaskets on the output end and between the carb and mounting plate, the really thick one (if you have replaced this, you know which one it is). Two bolts holding the choke plunger plate on are not original, but they still fit after the original's heads were worn and stripping. While it was cleaned and running fine and I emptied the fuel after the engine seized, it might not hurt to give it a once over just to clean out any crud from sitting.

Head and gasket. Gasket looks brand new. I believe this may have been where my oil leak was as you can see oil around the bolt holes and on the bolts. Maybe warped head? Head also shows signs of a possible broken oil ring on the valve covers, otherwise the head looks in good shape, just dirty. If you buy this and you find that it cannot be used, I will gladly refund the money (on parts in this pic only) as I do not have a way to test it. I will include bolts, they look decent and are not showing signs of strips or stretching. The head bolts are also what hold the #3 shroud on the head and the cable retainer for the starter plug box.

Brand new, Tecumseh compatible carb. I bought this when I thought the original carb was junk, but found out that you can't attach the throttle/governor hardware to it. Maybe someone with better machining skills than me can find a use for it. The part number for the original carb is 631440 and this is what comes up as an option. It does not come with a mounting plate.

I'm uploading pics of the engine just in case someone may want it for parts. Please note this engine IS SEIZED. It was running fine right up until it stalled. I won't worry about taking money for it unless you feel you want to, but the pics speak for themselves. I believe my oil leak was around the two center bolts. It had occurred to me that in order to change the starter as the previous owner said he did, you have to remove the head bolts for the cable retainer. They probably replaced the head gasket while they were at it. It looks like it was bolted and torqued improperly to me. It also shows a lot of carbon, possibly a ring failure due to low oil. If this needs to be shipped, I will work with you on shipping, but local pick up is always free. I might even be persuaded to deliver it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also don't forget I am selling professionally made chute control direction stickers for only $2.50 each!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts