1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
That last one resembles a lighter version of a Gravely.

·
Registered
950 Posts
snow bull (and the flail attachment) looks pretty neat!

how much $$?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Neat but not neater than the plow attachment for some Yamahas that you can get, why settle for one or the other when you could have both :).

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
What is the advantage over a blower?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Only advantage would be in smaller amounts of snow..One to tree inches and wet slushy snow.
I would like to find a plow blade for my 1964 wheel horse tractor..like this:

(not my photo)

To use in slush, or small amounts of snow..three inches or less.
In those conditions, a 2-stage snowblower isnt as efficient at throwing snow.
But a plow is no good starting at about 8" or more, because it might not be able to push that much snow, and you have to move the snow to the edge of your driveway, and it can build up fast..while a snowblower just throws the snow out into the yard.

Powered plow blade compared to single-stage snowblower: Plow is an advantage: never.
because a single-stage can also handle small amounts of snow and slush..and do it better than a plow.

Powered plow blade compared to 2-stage snowblower: Plow is an advantage: only with a few inches of snow, and wet slushy snow.

scot

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only advantage would be in smaller amounts of snow..One to tree inches and wet slushy snow.
I would like to find a plow blade for my 1964 wheel horse tractor..like this

To use in slush, or small amounts of snow..three inches or less.
In those conditions, a 2-stage snowblower isnt as efficient at throwing snow.
But a plow is no good starting at about 8" or more, because it might not be able to push that much snow, and you have to move the snow to the edge of your driveway, and it can build up fast..while a snowblower just throws the snow out into the yard.

Powered plow blade compared to single-stage snowblower: Plow is an advantage: never.
because a single-stage can also handle small amounts of snow and slush..and do it better than a plow.

Powered plow blade compared to 2-stage snowblower: Plow is an advantage: only with a few inches of snow, and wet slushy snow.

scot
Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression a two stage could handle small amounts of snow ok if one kept the speed up to load up the impeller?

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Well I have to point this out ONCE AGAIN!! every 1 of those vids it is nice and toasty in the 30 degree range. when they make these vids looks like a perfect norman Rockwell picture painting. I would like to see any 1 of them make these vids up here in the frozen tundra someday. when we are knee deep in the big whitey and the temps are at or below ground zero with a windchill at least negative 30. because up here that is when the real fun begins not this above 30 crap with no wind blowing we still wear shorts with those weather conditions. so come here to the land of the frozen tundra PEOPLE and make your vids. Because this is the place with bragging rights of real winters and bring your toys to do battle on the frozen tundra. BECAUSE IN THE END IT IS GO HARD, OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
didnt someone post pics awhile back of some sort of wing assembly that funneled snow into the bucket......i think it was meant for light snow falls.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The only time that I wanted a plow of some sort on the front of my sno thro was about... 8 years ago or so when we got a lot of sleet and ice and we had to do a lot... of scrapping and chopping. As we all know it is a real SOAB. The area a long my driveway a long the fence was filled with everything. What I had to end up doing was carry all of the broken up ice chunks and carrying it either to the front of the yard or to the back yard. That is when I thought of making this sort of "U" shaped front plow kind of thing to push the ice a long the driveway. I just never did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts