Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 88-89 Toro with the dreaded Mitsubishi 8hp G711P.
Need a head gasket and the dealers I've tried seem surprised to even learn Mistsubishi engines were used, right before then say, obsolete. That word is starting to ring in my head like the twilight zone episode it belongs in.
Have tried independents too and online.
Maybe someones been down this road and knows a guy who knows a guy ??

The Toro part number is 65-1920 and the blowers model number is 38545.

If all else fails I'll likely use bulk exhaust manifold gasket material and cut one but that's a last resort.

Looking for a source not a re-power recommendation (yet).

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually bought a set of leather punches for doing gaskets late last year.

Just in case you missed it and would like a challenge.

Mitsubishi 8hp needing a head gasket.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Knowing him he will tell you where you can get one 10 minutes from your house. He's just like that. After I replaced my alternator on a german car, he told me where I should have gone to get the replacement.

My lack of understanding chicken track writing only got me this.
Link to Mitsubishi snowblowers Any of these have a similar looking engine?

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Yeah well... you might have oversold the act, this time. Nothing yet. :icon_scratch:

Either that engine is Long Gone over here, or it was known by a different number... what dbert said, a pic or three would be helpful. Of the engine, and HG.

Still hope/never give up. :wavetowel2:
Pics here.

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks like a flathead engine.. im seriously doubting this is even an option.. but.. would a head gasket from another manufacturer .. just.. happen to fit?? it would be designed for simmilar loads and all.. just a thaught

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far best answer is using bulk exhaust gasket material.
I have a couple head gaskets laying around and I was wonder the same thing if I can find one that has a similar bore dia. Will have to open it up when it warms up a bit more.
Still dipping down near zero and my hands hate the cold.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just bumping this in case someone some place comes across some NOS gaskets sitting around and one of them is what I need. I'll also get some photos of the engine added. Needless to say I haven't been in any hurry with this thing.

Headgasket for 1987-1989 ?? Mitsubishi engine model G711P and gasket Toro part number 65-1920 :bump9:

·
Registered
842 Posts
got a real old toro shop near me,he goes around buying up stock from others closing up , monday i'll give them a look. scot has a lot of NOS around with that set number i just pm'ed you maybe a 5% chance,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts