Snowblower Forum banner

Warranty Question

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Dee74 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased a Deluxe 28 SHO about 13 months ago. I have been pleased with the machine and no complaints so far. I always use the electric starter without any problems. Today I went to use the recoil starter for the first time, I ran out of gas at the end of the driveway. Well the engine started up fine but it the blew the recoil starter into several pieces. I assume something got hung up. Is the recoil starter covered under warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
That info should be in the owners manual.

#5 ·
This is not on the list of parts not covered but I guess another question is, has anyone else had to claim a recoil starter on warranty. My dealer would not say either way. The only thing they said was, I never heard of that happening and I would need to bring in the part and they will see. It is about a $60 part that should last a lifetime but things happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
This is not on the list of parts not covered but I guess another question is, has anyone else had to claim a recoil starter on warranty. My dealer would not say either way. The only thing they said was, I never heard of that happening and I would need to bring in the part and they will see. It is about a $60 part that should last a lifetime but things happen.

Yes, I had to claim a recoil starter on my 28SHO I got a few years ago. But because the dealer I bought it from was an hour and a half away, I had them ship me a new one and I shipped them the broken one.

#14 ·
Just a praise for the local dealer. The part was in in 4 days, no hassles or problems. I finally was able to make the drive this morning to go get the part. Part was good, paint was gloss black and my original was matte black, Ariens must have changed the design. I am Gflad I supported my local dealer, when an issue is resolved quickly and easily.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.