Snowblower Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, they are calling for flurries over night, then rain later in the morning with a possibility of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Maybe if it dumps a bit and I get up early enough, I will be able to fire up the Honda and move some wet snow. Would be cool to get the gf to run to run the HSS928 once before spring has officially sprung. She said she really likes it anyways lol.

Speaking of driving the Coquihalla highway here in BC, I had to drive to Vancouver from Kelowna to pick up my blower and it was near white out conditions for nearly two hours, and parts of the highway were down to one lane because of drifting snow. Lots of near misses and I was in 4WD with my truck for much of the drive. Reminded me of driving in northern Alberta again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
None of my business really, but you'd need to insulate your attic. There's heat loss there.;)
LoL, that's true, and we had a bunch blown in there last year.

It's a summer cottage, and really did need more insulation. We were up early pushing the season in April and had the heat cranked up.

·
Registered
MTD Dual Stage 31AE6B3H501 and Craftsman Dual Stage C950-52677-7
52 Posts
The next 14 days are all expected to be well above 0c and even the overnight temps are on the plus side. I think this weekend I'll be putting my back up blower away for summer. I'll leave my main machine ready and gassed up for that inevitable late season blast of snow.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't watch the weather but if the wind chill is -22F and you're going to be working outside all day you better dress warm.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
We're supposed to get a little snow Friday morning. Maybe barely plowable, but not blowable.

·
2,394 Posts
here we are talking about summer storage , we have a thread the admin made a few years back about it

·
Registered
58 Posts
June is the latest it has snowed here. But that was only once. It often frosts even after mother's day. People thought we were done with snow cause we were near 70 degrees for a week. It snowed Monday. Just an inch or so. But nobody bets.
March 4th is the earliest last snow of the season. June 2nd is the latest it has snowed here. 90 days. A whole season.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Stow Going to be here real soon. I agree cap.Quick 3 step.
1. Spruce it up with wash and wax
2. Adjustments, check your spring/ cable adjustments.
3. Drain your fuel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They were calling for flurries 13 days ago and it never happened. It has gotten very warm since then but still the possibility of snow now that the rain is setting in, and overnight lows are still getting to the freezing mark on occasion. It has been too warm here for several weeks and we need the snow pack to help with forest fire season. Come on snow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We were supposed to get rain turning to snow last night, but just got rain and then cold and dry.

The rain was needed as brush fires have been an issue this month.
Very dry here in March.

I do think tomorrow I will put away my heavy winter clothes as the extended forecast looks warm.

Overall another lame winter with January and March being very light on snow.
Only the December big storm and a couple medium storms in February made this winter a little better than the last 4 or 5 lame winters.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
60s all this week.

Im not sure what to think.
Spring has sprung.
Go over blowers and pack them out of the way till next year.
Yardwork begins.
Fishing too. :)

·
Registered
Honda Hydrostatic HSS724AAWD
16 Posts
Extended forecast for south central Pa. is mid sixties this week and fifties next week. I think it’s about time to siphon and then run the remaining gas out.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I still need to clean up and ready my snowblowers for storage. But I did fire up my tractors, mower, walk behind and backpack blowers Yesterday. I’m looking forward to some lawn care this year. Starting with blowing all the pebbles from the salt truck which got plowed onto my lawn Back into the street.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts