Snowblower Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Hydrostatic HSS724AAWD
16 Posts
Siphoned and ran the remaining gas out of my Honda yesterday, 3/30. South Central Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Metal, why? So was my Toro that I had for 21 years. Did the same with that one.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I think he may be implying/referring to the aspect that on some metal tanks, its better to leave them full of treated fuel, as opposed to letting them sit empty, and thus having the ability to rust.

I leave all my equipment with full tanks of treated fuel, metal and plastic, and never have emptied any of my equipment or run it dry ... doing it for all my life .... I do treat all my 5 gallon gas cans with 2oz of Stabil as well as 2oz of SeaFoam.

I do however run all my equipment periodically throughout the year, even in off season. I am a believer that no piece of equipment should sit idle for any great length of time.

JMHO

·
Registered
79 Posts
I never put any stabilizer in my fuel, just start them once a month during the summer, never had any trouble, ever, always start right up, first crank, no matter what,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, that Seafoam is good stuff. I use it for my mower and snowblower in season, added to the gas. One time I left the fuel in over the summer, the carburetor was gummed up when I went to use it. But, no additive was in the gas either. My mower and snowblower service guy recommended running it empty after the season. I doubt very much that any rust will develop in the Honda tank. I will keep doing what I have done now, for many years.

·
Registered
MTD Dual Stage 31AE6B3H501 and Craftsman Dual Stage C950-52677-7
52 Posts
Officially washed up and put away here in New Brunswick, Canada. Spent an afternoon this weekend cleaning everything up, lubing and coating, draining fuel and making some minor repairs. All ready for fall now. I figure anything from here will just be left to melt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have to say it looks like winter is going out with a whimper not a bang.
I have four different blowers to spice up, fix and maintain before I can hide them away.
Don't worry about summer. I will have plenty of questions.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I brought my summer equipment to the front as well .... Although every couple of months, I pull everything out and run it ...😊

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put my Ariens away for the summer over the weekend. Swapped it and the lawnmower in the garage.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts