Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any ideas or maybe even stuff to add/get rid of Water in zee old Petrol Tank. Some times when I refill in my 60PLUS Degree Heated Garage. The snow that is on me. Somehow Stealthy Slips into zee Petrol Tank. Does that HEET stuff work or is there something better oot there that I do not know aboot???

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
i have a funnel that has a water separator built in, seems to work well .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Anybody have any ideas or maybe even stuff to add/get rid of Water in zee old Petrol Tank. Some times when I refill in my 60PLUS Degree Heated Garage. The snow that is on me. Somehow Stealthy Slips into zee Petrol Tank. Does that HEET stuff work or is there something better oot there that I do not know aboot???
The red bottle Isoheet seems to help displace some of the water that can get into gas. Or simply drain the gas tank and put fresh gasoline in it. You can always burn the drained gasoline in your car. Usually less than 1 gallon of gasoline per small engine gas tank so the small amount of water in it should not mess with your car engine

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Heet works well with a bit of seafoam but a small mister funnel will work where you can siphon out the gas in the tank to filter it if back into a can if sits for a while too.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Todd ...just give it a splash....I would drain the tank and carb if it was a lot of water....Dry gas is isopropyl alcohol which is methanol ...drug store stuff is a lot cheaper..

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
1978 I got caught in Newport RI on a Norton Commando and it was during the gas crisis and no stations open....I went to a drug store and bought 2 qts of rubbing alcohol, mixed it with the gas I had left, and made it most of the way home.

·
Registered
654 Posts
1978 I got caught in Newport RI on a Norton Commando and it was during the gas crisis and no stations open....I went to a drug store and bought 2 qts of rubbing alcohol, mixed it with the gas I had left, and made it most of the way home.
You said most of the way home not all the way home. What happened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts