Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My GF bought a Craftsman blower five years ago after she lost her husband, and the kids were out of the house, leaving her to shovel a long driveway on her own. It is a 208 cc 24 inch bottom of the line machine...and serves her just fine. She has done nothing but put gas in it and it runs like new and goes through some heavy snow with out a complaint. She paid about $500 for it, and it has years of life left in it.....a good value in my mind. I even thought of volunteering to service it! I have repaired and flipped so many Craftsmen blowers I can't count...and for the average homeowner they do well. Do they compare to Ariens, or Toro or Honda? No way...but for the price....they blow snow.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
They will never be worth 500 imo
500 should be the reg price for 300 it might be a deal
800 is laughable

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I also see NO great deals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Couple of notes:

1 - Similar to @cranman one of my neighbors has one of the small engine Craftsman 24" and it's been great for him. We don't often get tons of snow, but he loves his and does a few drives in the neighborhood.

2 - Because of #1, I've been keeping my eye on those and other things available at Sears for a while now. I decided to go significantly up-market, but I can say the prices listed now are not any lower, and in some cases might be higher than they've been over the last few months. Still may be some good deals for those on a budget, and not needing to move a ton of snow.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
I have a 24" Troy (MTD) that Sears sells and it's well worth the money. As has been said it's no Ariens or Toro but it's got me through the last few winters without fail on 300' of gravel. I don't know of any snowblower that's going to go up in value so if someone is looking for new with a warranty and has limited funds getting one for $500 might be a sweat deal for them. At least when buying at $500 you can't loose near as much in depreciation as a $3500 Honda or $2800 Ariens.

It's just an ad from a vender. Please remember that their money helps keep the site going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts