Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And LOTS of it!!!!!!!!!!

Im in upstate NY... about a 1/2 hour southeast of Albany, and we are getting HAMMERD!!!! Hard to say how much... the drifts are real bad... the yard goes from scoured clear, to drifts 4-5 FEET high!!! I got dressed to go out and clear the drive so I could go to work, but I cant see. Its still whiteout conditions!!!!

So anyone else on the east coast getting buryed????

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Watching the weather channel last night and it sounded like you're going to get a heck of a lot of it out east. Stay safe and stay warm out there!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ya.. still getting it. News said they think 18inchs so far near me... Hard to say becouse of the drifting. Still whiteout out... has to be a good inch or two a hour coming down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well it has not stopped just yet here in Massachusettes so I am going to wait about 2 more hours then dig myself out.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it has not stopped just yet here in Massachusettes so I am going to wait about 2 more hours then dig myself out.
Same here. I can see the end of the drive, but still coming down HARD!! Still no town plows so no use going out now

·
Registered
93 Posts
dang it.....you got stuff to play in and we are slated with a thaw later this week.......just not fair I tell you...:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just got done digging out, it was no big deal. I am going to go over the driveway one more time with the 2 cycle Toro then put the salt down.
I had to change the float bowl gasket out on the Bolens since I just took it out of storage added gas and it leaked 5 minute change then fired the beast up and off she went even the pile in front of the driveway left by the plow trucks was no problem.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
dang it.....you got stuff to play in and we are slated with a thaw later this week.......just not fair I tell you...:D
You said it there; I wish we were getting the snow too...feel like I just can't wait:) Of course, it won't be long till I'm complaning about having too much snow...:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
brudder you aint kidding!

its eating me alive i cant be down to long island to help my family digout

@wayne.....your part of pa. didnt get that glob of junk?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
wayne.....your part of pa. didnt get that glob of junk?
Not yet...I expecting to get a good bit of snow here before long , but it seems to be holding off a bit.
I have heard that some states south of us have recieved sugnificant amounts of snow already, so it's a
bit puzzeling that we havn't had much yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Down on LI,NY got pretty good amount but that driffting was just crazy.Broke out the Roper,ran great for the first hour.then started to surge on low idle.under load was good but then started to surge under load .Also seems like there was some back firing.Was able to complete the removal.Any Ideas?
Elliot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply,Thought it was one of the adjustment screws probably vibrated out.Did'nt want to play around while it was still running and had too much to do to take a chance. I live in Islip Terrace(Suffolk County)
Elliot

·
Registered
200 Posts
Elliot
Actually you do adjust it while it is running.
Mine comes loose here and there I just stop the drive and auger and adjust a bit and back to work I go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We haven't seen any snow to speak of since I bought my first blower, we got about two inches of wet snow once but that wasn't really enough to really even prime the pump of my blower. Pretty sure we wont see much since three of us in the area bought new blowers and another neighbor bought a new plow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
islip terrace, schlager country(used to watch a lot of f.d. drill teams)....,cool i have family in lindenhurst, just south of the railroad,
bet you're glad to see it melting huh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
Melting is a good thing,After the inital rush of new Snow it goes downhill from there.Did all my adjustments and the Roper is now running well.Have'nt been to one of those fire competitions in a long time but they were fun.
Thanks again Elliot

1 - 20 of 22 Posts