Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weather forecasters may always have been inept and perhaps I just never noticed. But it seems to me these clowns haven't got a clue of what's going on. Sure they get it right most of the time but if I said it would be partly cloudy every day I'd be right 80+% of the time, too.

It's the time when weather is unusual that forecasters are called upon to tell us what's about to happen and the record there is putrid.

Last night before bed in Connecticut I watched the weatherman say we'll be getting some snow "mostly on grassy areas" with an estimate of .3" (well under an inch) in my town. Only a few hours later, I wake up to a snow storm with 4" on the ground and 2 hours more of snow projected - perhaps 6" of snow in total. The snow had to start only a short time after the forecast.

Then I turn on the weatherman who reports 4" at the time with a total accumulation of 2-3". Crazy.

Perhaps they need to clean their crystal balls!:smiley-confused009:

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
I hear Ya! Sunday night we were supposed to get an inch of snow and ended up with about 9"............

At least two of our "forecasters," from two different channels, got together and released an apology video. :surprise:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lucky you. I'm just south of you and there's barely an inch on the grassy areas. Want to trade? I'm dying to try my machine out and I don't want to have to wait a year.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky you. I'm just south of you and there's barely an inch on the grassy areas. Want to trade? I'm dying to try my machine out and I don't want to have to wait a year.
You're welcome to come up and use your machine on my driveway any time you'd like. I only charge $50.

No takers today so I'm going out in 30 minutes to clear everything. Not complaining about the snow, just the bozos who couldn't tell it was coming.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Don't listen to the weather monkey's, get your own weather prediction center, give it your name and "know" what's really happening.

·
Registered
842 Posts
animals are better at predictions of mother nature, watch the birds at a feeder if they are chowing down big time something is coming, skunks coming out for whoopie time, spring is near .yah the air around here has that odder of them again! hope the dogs learned from last years double hit 2 at one time. PHEW!

same here with the nyc guys and gals yesterday they were saying 2 to 3 this am a dusting just what we got a flurry storm went out to sea got eastern long island

·
Registered
189 Posts
They tell me that one website, weather underground, is supposed to have the most accurate forecasts around, but after a couple years of checking I've found that is only because they change the forecast as the weather is happening and act like they had it right all along... I still prefer the rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts