Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Welcome to SnowblowerForums, the latest in our group of Outdoor & Power Equipment Forums. I am sure many of you are already on MyTractorForum and MyLawnMowerForum, hopefully you will enjoy this site just as much during the cold winter months!

Would love to hear what type of Snow blower or Snow thrower you own!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, My name is Bruce. I have a 1997 or so Ariens ST824. Would not trade it for anything. Other than change the oil and grease the fittings I have had to do nothing to this machine. I wonder if the new Ariens machines are this good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '98 28" 9 HP Craftsman and I just bought a 42" snow blower for my LT 2180 Cub Cadet.

I'm hoping for a lot of snow this year!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi:
New to the forum, but as I said in my first post, not new to snow. :(
I own a 1976 Dayton 826 two stage that I think was built for W.W. Grainger Co. by MTD.
It received its first "repair" this year when I replaced the axle bushings. I'm not sure I should consider that a repair since they were just plain worn out. It has had several skid shoes, scraper bars, and a set of chains, but I definitely consider those maintenance items.

I also added a Toro 421 QE for this season figuring the old Dayton probably won't run forever. (Although it might)
I bought the 4 cycle engine because I prefer 4 cycle engines. It was a tough decision since the 2 cycle Toro has been around since the beginning of time and the Chinese built Loncin has only been in the Toro line a short time.
The electric start was a concession to my wife. She thinks I need pampering. I have been pull starting the old Dayton for a ling time, but if she thinks I need pampering, who am I to argue?

I'm hoping for no snow this year. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts