Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Were those augers serrated, at one time?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Well, there's a little evidence left, very little.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's a pampered 828 PS (Briggs) over in Ct for $360.

For that price you better take it and run for the hills with it. there BROTHER CC. those 8HP BRIGGS can go from 500-700 in that good of shape.1988-1995 I my book were the best run of those POWERSHIFTS. SOME models even had those MITUZ'S ON THEM. or however you spell that name.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
For that price you better take it and run for the hills with it. there BROTHER CC. those 8HP BRIGGS can go from 500-700 in that good of shape.1988-1995 I my book were the best run of those POWERSHIFTS. SOME models even had those MITUZ'S ON THEM. or however you spell that name.
I think I cried a little when I first saw it. If I brought that home, I'd have to hide the frying pans...especially my 5lb cast iron one; Mrs. CC is 6' tall and has quite a reach!!! :eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
If I brought that home, I'd have to hide the frying pans...especially my 5lb cast iron one; Mrs. CC is 6' tall and has quite a reach!!!
I get that all the time... "What, ANOTHER *insert whatever I happen to be collecting at the time*?? How many of those things do you need????"

One time I stupidly answered "I don't know, how many pairs of shoes do YOU need??" Funny, but I had never realized how cold it is in the garage overnight..

·
Registered
225 Posts
What can I say, I am a noob to this marriage thing. I googled her model number online, but couldn't find an operator's manual. I considered contacting the manufacturer for support, but you know how mothers in law can be..

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Never ever mention their "few pairs of shoe" that is no man's land....
Shoes AND Handbags :eek:

t2t...operator manuals are garbage...you now know this! ...what you want is the Service Manual :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 824 looks even worse than that, but it still throws the snow off of my driveway. Mine was used at a country farm house rental for all its life, so nobody ever took pity on it and gave it any maintenance.

The only thing I don't like about mine is the placement of the skid shoes at the very back of the auger bucket. It's a 1990 and the third model year of the Powershift, so the later ones had the shoes moved more towards the front of the bucket. I'm thinking that if it doesn't sell this winter I'll figure out a way to put some square holes farther forward and mount some poly skid shoes.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys forgot about all the different outfits they need. and also closet space. the garage was heaven to me that way I did not have to hear her snore.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
rode hard & put away wet! :eek:

what's the 411 on the OHV Tecumseh engines? any chronic problems?
They're better than the flatheads, still suffer from thrown rods but to a lesser degree. The only really unique issue is some of the early ('88 - '89) models will kick back severely, to the point where they will break your wrist, or sometimes your jaw. No joke on that either. They can be fixed by retarding the mechanical timing one tooth.

stored outside for many years, uncovered..
the quickest and best way to kill a snowblower..
Some of them get a lot of salt from dealing with EOD. We always found that machines from withing city limits used on driveways that came out on to busy main streets tended to rust especially bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts