Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The Zongshens I've had to pull off all the stuff had a top mounted choke knob. They all were Craftsman if that makes a difference. In one way I like it because I have to charge the owners more but the other I feel guilty charging them more so I upcharge just a little more but enough.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This Cub has a Powermore 208cc, made by LCT ....... The choke knob is on the front of the heater box, but they did put some bolts in some hard to get places. I had to get to the flywheel anyways, so no big deal.

Ordered a new carb for 16.99 with free shipping ..... only needed the float, but new carb was a no-brainer at that price.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
:) ... that makes 7 in my stable now .... I guess I can sell a few in the fall to give me back some room ..... I still have to put my circa 60's Ryan Core Plug Aerator back together ... looking good in John Deere colors ... :)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I stopped using steel years ago ... all my blowers have the Arnold Poly Roller skids, but they are now over 30.00 a pair. This machine came with the long skids, so Ill keep that same style for now, as 16.00 a pair is a great price.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I stopped using steel years ago ... all my blowers have the Arnold Poly Roller skids, but they are now over 30.00 a pair. This machine came with the long skids, so Ill keep that same style for now, as 16.00 a pair is a great price.
I made a set of roller skids out of 1" thick uhmw over 10 years ago and they a still going strong and i've never had to adjust them after i put them on. they roll great and make the machine much easier to maneuver.

·
Registered
276 Posts
"I am truly done now, this is the absolute last snowblower". spoken like a true addict. i think you need SBA (snow blowers anonymous)!
you take that talk of SBA back you! lol

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Update and some thoughts .....

Well, I got the new poly elongated skids and put them on, which by the way, they look so much better than the blue. I also realized on these MTD style buckets that came with the long skids, that another purpose for the longer skids is to add rigid stability to the bucket housing as well. I ordered another set, at only 16.00 a pair, and am going to put them on my 10HP Craftsman and move the poly roller skids on that over to my 724 Toro..... The Poly Roller Skids are now 35.00-40.00 a pair I see, no longer on sale. These elongated poly skids slid just great, and I really like 16.00 a pair. ...

Also, when I went to put them on, I realized the right set of augers were in reverse order, as one is wider than the other, and it was just about rubbing the impeller shaft. So I proceeded to separate the bucket and pull the auger assembly. It was actually fairly easy. I imagine it came from the store or factory this way, as it does not look like it was ever apart before, being so new. There are grease fittings on both auger shaft ends where it goes through the housing and no one ever put grease in there. Also a grease fitting on the auger gear box, and no one ever put grease in there either. Over all, I am impressed as to the structure of this Cub Cadet unit. New carb should be here tomorrow.

Amazing how someone can use a brand new machine a couple times, park it, then move to Florida and leave it sit in a shed. Thankfully it was inside out of the weather.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
All back together, repaired, cleaned and waxed.

Fired up on first pull and runs great ... I love the joystick chute control, the zero turn on each wheel, the tall chute, headlight (which I really never use) ... electric start, but I never use it. It is basically a brand new machine, only used a couple times then parked.

All gassed up, lubed, oil changed, new poly skids, ... I even ordered the clean out tool, only 15.00 at Tractor Supply. I don't need it, but the bracket is there on the bucket and it came with one new. ... All ready for snow ... yeah, it will be awhile ... :)

Definitely a keeper in my line up

Now back on to my Ryan Core Plug Aerator restore. ... thank goodness I am retired.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
looks good. did you do the impeller mod since you had it apart? i know most of the mtd's i have seen all have about 1/2" gap between the impeller and housing. they definitely benefit from the impeller mod. also make sure to keep the steering triggers and cables lube. i have seen quite few machines with broken triggers. i know i already mentioned it but the shorter chute throws farther. i bought one of them taller chutes hoping it would help throw farther and was disappointing.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts