Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Toro last winter, it needs more weight on the front. It tries to ride up on the snow, how much added weight is the norm. I see many offer a weight kits, is there a rule of thumb as to how much??

Phil

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I think most weight kits are 10 or 20 pounds. The general rule is use as little weight as possible, because the heavier the front is the faster the skids and scraper wear down.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have 20lbs on nose weight on my 26" Cub Cadet, I am not worried about the additional weight affecting the skid shoes or scraper since i made a set of roller skids for my machine and it just rolls on them very easily.

carl

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will try the 20lbs. and see how it works out, I hope I don't do double duty again this year. The Wheel driven machine moves a lot of snow fast but clean up afterwards with the auger drive is like doing the whole job over again. I went from 1995 with the auger and was quite happy until the rubber started to give out, I have since replaced the rubber who knows maybe the new machine with less than 3 hours on it will go up for sale!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts