Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have alot of handy people around here It could be anything snowblowers, lawn equipment , wood working, remodeling.

I have 2 trimmers an echo and stihl that need carb work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm taking a break from snowblowers. Yesterday, I got running a 2'' Honda pump, an old Honda Generator, a Troybilt pressure washer, restrung a Husqvarna chainsaw and a weed wacker, and serviced a Craftsman rototiller. I've got five Husky saws, a Poulan, and two Echo's to go over and get ready to sell for today.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I'm taking a break from snowblowers. Yesterday, I got running a 2'' Honda pump, an old Honda Generator, a Troybilt pressure washer, restrung a Husqvarna chainsaw and a weed wacker, and serviced a Craftsman rototiller. I've got five Husky saws, a Poulan, and two Echo's to go over and get ready to sell for today.
geesus.......what you did in one day would take me a week.

right now i'm replacing the belts on a hs828 for my nextdoor neighbor. excellent machine for it's age. other than that trying to make up work to stay away from the wife.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Nothing blower related but snow is starting so I thought I'd go up on the roof and clean the chimney. It's due for a cleaning so I have a 6" flue (just a wood stove in the basement) and it takes 4 6 foot rods joined with 3/4 NPT pipe nipples and bushings.

Anyway, get it cleaned and in the process of pulling out the brush and rod assembly. Usually start unthreading the rods as I pull them out. Icy, wet gloves and I thought I had a good grip on the second rod. Turns out I unthreaded the nipple from the first rod- 6' from the brush at the bottom of the chimney.

Got my LED flashlight and could barely see the rod but couldn't thread the pipe in because of the angle it was sitting.

Got a wire clothes hanger and twisted it onto the 3 rods I had and pushed it below the brush. Managed to pull it up about 7 or 8 feet and th eend of the rod was in the middle of the flue. Got it to thread on enough to pull the brush out. :)

Been doing this for almost 30 years and this is the first time I lost the brush...

Snowing heavier now here in Nova Scotia. Maybe I'll have to get the blower out after all... :)

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Had to take a break from doing any work. Still doing shoulder therapy from all the damage it sustained when I tried to stop a fall back in early Nov. Dr. says it will be Sept. probably before he'll clear me. I'm Hoping it won't be nearly that long.
I have 5 rototillers that are ready for sale though, and one edger.

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally finished:

https://youtu.be/P2zEv3ECOmY

Webpage with more info:
https://scotlawrence.github.io/Stonehedge/locomotives.html

Going on to the next project:

Webpage with more info:
https://sites.google.com/site/scotlawrence/BDE129

All those passenger cars that arent the same color Red as the locomotives, and going to be repainted. several also cut down and made shorter.

Scot
That had to take forever lol you must have some patience.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
speaking of chainsaws... my 2175 Poulan Pro got a work-out dealing with this cedar that gave my garage a little hug:

I'll be replacing the fuel and pulse lines shortly...they're shot.

I also picked-up a non-running Wheel Horse C85 about a month ago... at a crossroads whether or not to use it this year or start breaking it down for a full restoration. After some top-end work (and paint), the Kohler K181 purrs.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I also picked-up a non-running Wheel Horse C85 about a month ago... at a crossroads whether or not to use it this year or start breaking it down for a full restoration. After some top-end work (and paint), the Kohler K181 purrs.
I have followed the progress on your channel, "Great Job" saving the old iron CC.:goodjob:

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Trying to get back to restoring a 1920's Burch countertop theater popcorn machine. Had the motor rebuilt last year but want to rewire it and polish up the metal before putting it back in operation. As I don't heat the basement I don't spend a lot of time down there but now that it's getting a bit warmer I want to get that guy put back together. Big thing is to get new decals made for it. I think the originals were painted on the glass and they are well worn from cleaning and age.
Working on both the 30" snappers trying to get them up and running.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
That had to take forever lol you must have some patience.

take forever? yes. ;) the steam locomotive project took Nine years!
(although for several of those years, nothing was done..)
I often work on model train projects measured in hours per year..

Scot

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have followed the progress on your channel, "Great Job" saving the old iron CC.:goodjob:
Thank you for the kind words Brutha grunt! Brutha Todd also follows... he says that I need better lighting before I receive his endorsement :grin:

I can see how saving these old tractors can become an addiction! Like us, WH enthusiasts rarely have just 1.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Picked this up about a week ago. An import from Italy. I got it running. The first problem was no spark. Hadn't worked with points and condenser for 30 some years. Once I got ignition working I had to work over the fuel tank and carburetor. It runs now but I have to figure out how to put it in gear. I'm hoping the tranny is ok.
Joe?
I might need some help here.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Dbert, that is cool. It's like an Italian BCS only bigger :grin:
I think they are very similar. I know Joe had a BCS last year and perhaps he can educate me on the controls.
This label is on the right control lever in the image below. Anyone that can tell me what it says?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 73 Posts