Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We no longer have a need for our snow blower.

I purchased this new Toro QZE 821 last December from my local Toro dealer. It comes with the paperwork from the Toro dealer.

It has its warranty till December if 2021.

I have some extra genuine Toro items I’m going to include with the snow blower.

Included along with the snow blower is an extra set of genuine Toro Replacement rotor blade paddles and hardware kit (part number 38261) an extra genuine Toro scraper bar assembly (part number 139-3536) and a genuine Toro deflector chute (part number 117-9121)

I’m asking $700, do you think that’s a fair price? That’s what I just put it on my local Craigslist for

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for the snow blower right at $800, not Including the extra items

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Toro.com currently has the 821 qze for $749 so $700 is a tough sell when they accept credit cards.

Reactions: tdipaul

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good to know.

I adjusted my price to $675.00

Thank you

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Toro.com currently has the 821 qze for $749 so $700 is a tough sell when they accept credit cards.
i guess it really depends on whether toro get any of those in stock since it sounds like there is a bit of a shortage. plus with the extra wear parts it does seem like it might be a decent deal

·
Registered
964 Posts
How may times was it used?

If "never" is the answer I am thinking $450 would entice someone to lay out the cash instead of buying a new one in the box via a credit card. If it has been used 1-2x and shows only minor wear and tear: $300-$350.

You need a storm in the forecast to get north of these $, IMO.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Let be real. People have budgets and they buy used to save money. They accept the risks and awkwardness to save money. Why would anyone buy it at the original price from a private owner? I say $50 off at least. Anything less is laughable and a humiliation to the buyers. I usually see $200 to a few hundreds off for a used-liked new two stages Ariens, or Honda. I don't pay attention to other brands enough. Also, snowblowers are everywhere. You keep it 2-3 years more and it is only $300-$400

·
Registered
295 Posts
Agree, I'd say at least a 25% off the lowest price you see advertised. People are advertising machines online in my area. It's very easy to see who is pricing correctly, as they sell quickly, and those already listed and are a month old, as priced too high. ,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I agree with the previous posters, when buying used people want and expect a deal. If the asking is to close to the new purchase price, most people will go to a dealer, (for warranty and repair). The Husky that I recently purchased was bought by a lady last year but never used.

It was a “new” machine , but she had no interest in it until the price was about 33% lower than the new purchase price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input I receiving, I appreciate it

it’s looking like I’m overpriced @ $650 even with the extra parts.

I’m in no hurry to sell and we’ll see what happens in the dead of winter when we’re getting slammed.

I know in my area the QZE 821 sold out very fast.

if it’s like last year after it started snowing, I was seeing ccr 2000’s on Craigslist sell for the mid $300 range.

I guess I’ll see.

Reactions: Rooskie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best of luck Steve I hope it works out for you.

I will leave you with an example of what I am talking about. In my area there is an Ariens Professional 21 with 7 hours on it for sale at $800 CDN.

New in Canada they sell for about $1050 CDN, the fellow that owns it (I suspect) is a contractor and tells me that this was his back up machine and he no longer needs it. Either he or one of his employees was using last winter.

I would really like a Ariens 21 but not for $800, maybe $600 especially since it is not coming from a residential owner. The number of people looking at the machine is not that large since in my area 1 stage machines are not all that common and more importantly the “Price”.

You are right about when the snow starts to fly that will add a certain “premium “ value to any working snowblower , what that means in terms of interest in the machine and the final selling price is a risk you will have to judge in the end.

Mike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a little bit ago, I was looking on craigslist. There’s a 2 1/2 year old QZE 721 and the guys asking $500 for it. It’s out of warranty. Then I seen a CCR 2450, the guys asking $350 for it. I’m not saying either of those will get those prices,

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
It's not about how much people are asking for their item, it's about how much they are getting for the item.
I agree with Orangputeh, the best time to sell is after a snow storm, if it still hasn't sold by mid winter you will know you have to drop your price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes very true and valid points.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts