Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 15943 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the dealer this morning to pick up an original toro key and a knob for the handle for the ccr3650r i just got. from there i went and got a hair cut, haveing the allergic reaction to onions just before christmas ment i couldn't get a hair cut either. once back home i made some lunch before going out to the garage. the first order of buisness was to make some more room which i did. then i remembered a thread on here that showed where to look for the serial number on an enginge so i got a good look at my toro 826 and there it was 190402 0989 01 780 62172, can anyone help me with this. i tryed looking up the number to see what year it is but came up blank so with the toro and craftsman sitting side by side i took this pic before putting everything back in the garage

Attachments

Reactions: rideonmowers

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Blasted temperatures have been in the 40s the last couple of days, with rain, so there isn't a sign of snow anywhere to be seen. Grass is so green it looks like it needs to be mowed, but it's supposed to snow tonight.

So, having no good reason to be outside, we started working on re-calking the shower. What fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jt thats the info i was looking for, thank you very much
bwdbrn the temp here was in the upper 50's and i really wanted to go for a ride on the goldwing but geting the numbers off the toro was more important. also while looking it over i noticed the bolt holes are already threaded for the starter so all i have to do is get the right size and legnth bolt to install the electric starter. i looked at the craftsman snowblower too and it doesn't have a fuel shutoff valve

·
Registered
756 Posts
pulled the 14hp vertical shaft Briggs i/c gold engine out of my 1993 Sears / Craftsman lawn tractor.

This tractor has seen a lot of use in its lifetime. I bought it new in 93 and have used it to cut our 2 acres of grass every summer and even pressed it into duty as a snow plow for at least 5 winters. It has also been used with numerous attachments as well as with a cart to transport all kinds of heavy stuff.

While with the exception of a blown head gasket a few years the engine always ran great. Late this summer i noticed some noise coming from the engine that sounded like a slight rod knock.

I figured i would just tear it down this winter since it now longer is used for plowing snow and just rebuild the engine. Maybe i can get another 20 years out of the old girl.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Saturday Morning

Spent Saturday morning making a short road trip to swap out a flywheel from a HM80 that had a buggered up starter ring for one that was good. Did a little horse trading. Said he's been sitting on a couple of Gilsons he can't sell for love nor money this year.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
We have been looking at stove's ,dish washer's and fridg's . We are going back out today. It seems every thing we like has bad reviews. We hope to get back in are house in a few weeks.
HOUSE FIRER'S SUCK....:mad:

Reactions: TomHodge

·
Registered
80 Posts
I DID.....a little bit

PHILLIPS 66 DOCK #6
WOOD RIVER, IL

ACTUALLY, I AM AN UNWORTHY PARTICIPANT IN THE FORUM AT THIS TIME AS I HAVE BLOWN ZERO SNOW THIS SEASON (ok, i'm at work and the boat doesn't have a snowblower). DEPRESSING KNOWING THERE ARE 2 MACHINES READY TO GO AND I CAN'T RUN THEM.:(

BUT!!

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH STAND-BY TIME TO CRUISE E-BAY AND FOUND AN 11 HP B&S INTEK SNOW ENGINE FOR A RIDICULOUS PRICE THAT WILL GO ON THE PROJECT SNOWBLOWER (a 2 year project, soon!!). THIS WILL REPLACE THE 10 HP TEC ON THE PROJECT MACHINE (jeez!! i only wanted the 10 hp tec in the first place but it had a snowblower attached to it).

SO....

I WILL HAVE A 10 HP TEC AVAILABLE IN THE SPRING. ALSO, HAVE A 5 HP TEC WITH 2 SHAFTS ON A 536XXX SERIES CRAFTSMAN THAT RUNS WELL AND THAT I MAY PART OUT RATHER THAN RESTORE. THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH OR LISTING (ok...it really is turning into a ramble).

WHAT I AM DOING TODAY IS STANDING BY WHILE ASPHALT IS BEING LOADED. THERE IS A LOT OF MACHINERY RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND SO I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i headed to my mom's for a visit but she wasn't home so i headed to my friend jr's house to look at a snowblower his uncle gave him but he had not gone to pick it up. after visiting with jr for awhile i came home. now the temp is dropping and its too cold to go play with my snowblowers

Reactions: Bondo 287

·
Registered
40 Posts
i went to the dealer this morning to pick up an original toro key and a knob for the handle for the ccr3650r i just got.
detdrbuzzard, It's funny you mentioned getting a knob for your Toro. I wanted to change mine up a little bit, so I got a couple knobs myself. Just received my Mad Hatter and Willie Wonka this weekend. I drilled a hole in each and added a threaded insert w/epoxy. Fits like a glove.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have been looking at stove's ,dish washer's and fridg's . We are going back out today. It seems every thing we like has bad reviews. We hope to get back in are house in a few weeks.
HOUSE FIRER'S SUCK....:mad:
house fires do suck, sorry for your loss and the damage to your home. not only do they not make snowblowers like they use to but the statement applys to all products

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well we bought a stove,dish washer and won a bid on ebay that I will share with you if the deal goes threw.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just came in from garage. i was out trying different size bolts on the toro 826 to see if i had some the right size to mount the starter but no luck

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ti was a prety slow at work today which gave me some time to read some things that i normally wouldn't read at work. well i ended up on the gilson site (thank you snomann ) and that got me on the m&d mower website where i found out more about the 8hp briggs on my toro 826 than i did for the toro website

·
Registered
121 Posts
I blew snow with my Olda NOMA Blowa. About 4" of gooey yuck. Driveway, around the house, and out back so I could rake the roof. It didn't slow down and still threw this mess about 15 feet. 10 HP Tec motor and 27" bucket. Needs the carb redone and the starter motor replaced. I got this three years ago and then pushed it in the back of the garage. I just retired and finally have had some time to fool with it. I like it and will like it more when I get it running right.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Got some snow today. 2-3 inches of wet, slushy mess. Blower still threw it about 3-5 feet. It managed to clog up a bit but I could tap the machine on the ground and it would pop right out so wasn't to much of a problem. I took my older model back to the house for some work on it. Want to make sure everything is good inside and put a fuel filter on it. Going to pick up an older 5/22 craftsman tomorrow I picked up for 50 bucks to see if there is any saving it.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
I installed a new shower door. What fun.:mad:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I plowed and cleared walks Today for 7hrs. Got to go out after 9pm to clean up were cars were parked and salt. As for blowers I only used the 2450. I think it time to replace the wheels and scraper bar on that.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Tuned the engine on my $50 Toro421, and then taught 14yo son how to start it and blow snow.

I may never need to blow snow again!
:)

No snow, and nothing to do with snow blowers, the shower door is up so I calked around it and then went out and tinkered with a lawn mower that I'd picked up earlier this winter at an estate sale. The "D" was broken off of it and it bothered me that it said John eere. So I found a replacement name plate, and now it says John Deere like it should. Also found a spin on oil filter kit for a good price and put that on too. It's a John Deere 14SB with a Kawasaki FC150V engine.

Attachments

Reactions: Coby7
1 - 20 of 15943 Posts