Snowblower Forum banner

11901 - 11920 of 15780 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Cutter: Sending prayers your way, hopes for recovery for your Dad and a hug during this difficult time.
Regards, Miles

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,904
Cutter, prayers for you, dad, and the family. hoping he gets well soon

Reactions: Cutter

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Sat with my 85 year old Dad in the hospital for 13 grueling hours, and he's still there. The man is peeing blood like I have never seen before, so much I was in shock when I seen it( and keep in mind I started my career as a butcher!). I could sure use a Snowblower Forum Hug and Prayer for the old Gent.....I think he's in big trouble.:crying:
His Kidneys are failing.

·
9,612 Posts
couldn't be any worse than my front lawn, something is killing the grass and its happening at the neighbors on either side of me also
. don't know if I want to re-seed it or just lay some sod down
Why Bother it will more than likely die off again. better do some Investigating on what is causing the problem.. :eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cutter, prayers for you, dad, and the family. hoping he gets well soon

Thank you so much. I can fix a snowblower, lawnmower, vehicles, some electronics....but I can't fix this. Helpless.:sad2:

·
Registered
305 Posts
His Kidneys are failing.

They actually checked this, and said it is not the issue.Right now, they don't know what is. So much of this stuff ends up being cancer.:sad2:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cutter - hoping for a good outcome for you and family.

Thanks WV....hoping too. Just wish I could fix this like I can do with other things. :plain:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cutter - wishing you and your Dad, comfort and peace.

Thanks so much Trellis. If there isn't a happy solution to this....then that's what I would want for him....at least Comfort and Peace.:plain:

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Today is an inside day. Trying to do some much needed sorting, throwing, arranging and relocating of things that managed to pile up over the winter. Since it's raining pretty good outside, inside is a good palace to be.
Yesterday I grabbed a well used metal cabinet free off craigslist for out in the shed so I have shelves to put stuff on and know where they're at. Trying to get it in the door and up on the Bench was a real pain in the back. That and having the door I had open so I had a grip slam on my hand a couple times. It's hard working alone. Still trying to find 8 small engine fuel filters from a 10pk I ordered. I know they're here someplace but not sure where that place is. :sad2: Looking forward to getting all my small engine parts and tools in there.
Came across the head gasket for the Troy tiller so time to prep the head and torque that gasket in place and get it up and running.
Finished planting all my free yellow iris yesterday. It was an out of the blue offer from my GFs friend. She was redoing her raised beds and they were badly overdue for being divided. Got a call on Sunday asking if I wanted them and she had two big buckets of them if I did. I ended up tilling up a strip at the edge of the food garden just to get them in the ground. Like it wasn't bad enough breaking them up into individual rhizomes then there was the bending over on hands and knees of planting them. They are way too close together as I was trying to get them all in the ground and had no plan for them. Will likely dig most up this fall and add to an area landscaped with flowers and shrubs. Right now there in this plot about 35' X 36". The two buckets were full, one is in the photo.
Well, back to cleaning. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Changed the steering shaft on my Husky lawn tractor and the crescent ring gear with a replacement kit. Everything went back together impressively well. Result is great and I highly recommend this kit.

Left over parts...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Picked up a new-to-us refurbished laptop computer for my wife at the local computer shop/store. I did ask for a couple of upgrades including 16GB RAM because occasionally I run Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom on it when we travel and those programs like lots of memory. A bit over $500 for a computer that would be well over two grand if we ordered it new.

First day this year (for me) working outside in a t-shirt because it was warm enough, trimming some bushes that needed it already. I don't come out of long sleeves until it hits 80°. The Stihl hedge trimmer fired right up and made easy going of it. Oh, and moved the Ariens Deluxe 24 on the wheels in the basement to try preventing flat spots on the tires. I do that about once a month, one of these days I'll get around to putting together something to lift it off the wheels. In the meantime that's my workaround.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
had a wonderful day at wally world that had 2 cashiers for 50 people. plus now they are getting like Costco and have people stopping you to "take a moment of your time to answer a few questions."

wunnerful wunnerful

·
9,612 Posts
Live From THE PARADISE CITY.

WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :icon_whistling::icon_whistling: Today I would do something I have not done 4 a very long Time Here I ran the Grocery Cart 500. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: And I could tell I was a little oot of shape after doing that 1. :facepalm_zpsdj194qh:facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
9,612 Posts
Live From THE PARADISE CITY.

WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :icon_whistling::icon_whistling: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Ran The HEAVY CHEVY Thru 1 of those High Flooting Car Washes. Waxed up the Paint and Rust and even got the Tires all Purdy looking to Boot. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
9,612 Posts
Live From THE GREEN ACRES FARM.

Went to Home Depot today. what a mistake that was the place was a FREAKING ZOO. Got some mulch to put down around the Peony Plants. And now it is very Purdy Looking around them. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
had relatives come from across the country to see us for the next 3 days.

how can i get anything done on my 928? did put the right side tranny back together and the side plate and tracks. wanted to put the engine back on so to check the drive when they showed up.

now gotta wait . maybe a couple days off will be good.

11901 - 11920 of 15780 Posts