Snowblower Forum banner

15701 - 15720 of 15796 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
i rode my bicycle on a 5600 mile trip around the country in 1977. now I can barely get around the block. gonna get back in the saddle and do a little each day , plus more physical activity .doctor okayed it. he didn t say anything about weight but i could stand to lose about 25-30 pounds. that would be my college weight.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
busy day. very hot so got started at 5 am to get as much done while still cool. yard work, chopping firewood, and stuff like that.
serviced a buddy's HS928k. a beautiful machine. he's moving out of snow country. sure would like to get my paws on it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
orangp: just a beer for me, thanks.

I changed the oil in a new to me, but passing it on to a relative, 15 year old Craftsman 524 snowblower. Last fall I purchased a TopSider oil exchange unit, around $50, and after 6 months I am still happy with it. It pulls out oil easily, and holds 8 quarts, so its about half full. My only concern is bumping the pump handle when storing may eventually break the metal lip, so I am thinking of some sort of small box to keep it in. We'll see. Anyways, just want to pass on that I really like the simplicity of pumping oil out of lawnmowers and snowblowers, and this unit works well so far.

tx

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
got all new wheel cylinders and front brake shoes installed on my dads dart. only issue is now need new rear shoes. 1 shoe separated from the metal when i went to re-assemble it. still re-assembled it anyways so i could make sure the brakes bled up and car could be moved if needed. really hoping the part store pull thru like they say. only 1 place said they could have new shoes for tomorrow and is actually open tomorrow lol. most places are now closed Saturday. also starting to seem like this is a tricky car to find parts for. took about 10 minutes for the parts guy to track down shoes for the car and still haven't heard back about new drums yet. may just have to order those from rockauto.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
orangp: just a beer for me, thanks.

I changed the oil in a new to me, but passing it on to a relative, 15 year old Craftsman 524 snowblower. Last fall I purchased a TopSider oil exchange unit, around $50, and after 6 months I am still happy with it. It pulls out oil easily, and holds 8 quarts, so its about half full. My only concern is bumping the pump handle when storing may eventually break the metal lip, so I am thinking of some sort of small box to keep it in. We'll see. Anyways, just want to pass on that I really like the simplicity of pumping oil out of lawnmowers and snowblowers, and this unit works well so far.

tx
sold 2 today so yes, if you stop by you will get a beer and i'll throw in a couple Honda shear pins. now searching for some new quality tools for shop. last week bought a quality punch set. before that a good leak down set. thinking about getting a bigger air compressor so I can run tools. right now just have a pancake compressor for cleaning/drying carbs and cleaning off dust.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Took a vacation say yesterday. Did some shopping in morning but couldn't find any manure for the new garden box. Fertilized and spread lime on the lawn yesterday afternoon and assembled a 4'×4' garden box and put some soil in it after supper. It was a hot day, but cooled off when the fog came into the coast and up the river.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
paulm12, that sounds pretty cool! I was trying to remove excess oil from a "new" machine recently, and was thinking again about how handy a tool like that would be.

I remembered too late that I do have an old drill pump, maybe that would work for extracting small-engine oil.

But I can see the appeal of not needing to mess with drain plugs, etc. My only paranoid concern would be wondering if I got all the old stuff out, I suppose.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Red: I checked on both a lawnmower and snowblower, and I could not "pour" out any more oil after draining with the pump. I do try to suck out every last drop, but it seems to do well. I'm glad I bought it.

tx

Reactions: RedOctobyr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sanded then primed and painted the bottom inside of my car doors since they were starting to rust. Drained and refilled the tranny fluid.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
One of the Honda's I gave away 3 years ago came back to me because the family is moving out of snow country.

It's a nice machine so am going to service it and perhaps sell it this time. always could use pizza and beer money . new tools, supplies, parts prices going up.......

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
guy has been bugging me for 6 months to service/repair his Honda. he lives about 45 minutes away and can not bring it. wants me to pick up. i told him a good small engine shop is nearby but he wants me to do it. ( something about my dumb rep )
Anyway have blown him off twice and today he messaged again and said he wants me to do it regardless of cost.

I told him , gotta think about it. since it's about 45 minutes away I'm thinking 75 each way plus service repairs on top of that,

It's nice to be wanted but seems like an unwanted hassle to me. But i don't like to disappoint people who really want me to help them. Have no idea why he doesnt want to use the local shop which is practically down the street. perhaps bad history with them.

another possibility. don't know if this guy is one of those people who will complain about the smallest issue and want to to drive back to tweek it. doesnt happen very often to me but it does and usually people are close by and it'snot a problem.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i usually won't travel over 20 minutes to repair a machine. most of the time i try to stick local in town work only but it also usually allows me to keep costs to the customer lower also.

helped clean up at my aunts place. dragged home some truck doors i had sitting at her place and decided to scrap the fenders and inner fenders i had sitting there. both were in worse shape than i remember but i also know inner fenders are no longer produced or available aftermarket so may be kicking myself in the as for this decision in the future but oh well. also helped clean and trim up the back yard at her place while i was there. she was talking about possibly putting her place up for sale if the property where her rescue is goes up for sale.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Went for a 3k run and put some parts back on my son's playset. Made a batch of soup and scotchgarded the kitchen chair seats that my wife refinished. Looking forward to the 4 day week, but it's not ideal when Canada Day falls in the middle of the week.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
After a couple of weeks of sunny hot days we are finally getting moisture today. Only drizzle but better than no rain. It was about time the weeds were starting to die.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Needed to cut the grass about three days ago but the showers started. Finally managed to get it done today. More, much needed rain suppose to come tonight.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Drove my friend to the hospital to get his prostate reamed this morning. The joys of getting older, poor guy couldn't piss anymore

15701 - 15720 of 15796 Posts