Snowblower Forum banner

15841 - 15860 of 15969 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yes, you could double your price and it is still one heck of a deal!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Lost the first friend succumbing to cv19. A fellow bowler, and friend.

Also found out 2 days ago that one of our local sports writers, that was a proponent of bowling, was found with wife in house dying of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is suspected that their Prius was running in their garage, unbeknownst to them. Very tragic.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your friend. My 90 yr. old dad had exposure to covid19 last week, but has no symptoms yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed. I had read about carbon monoxide poisoning from leaving the car on in the garage. In response, I have a Carbon Monoxide alarm plugged into the garage outlet. It's made by Kidde, $28 U.S. and it shows the ppm of carbon monoxide. Kidde Nighthawk carbon monoxide detector.

Reactions: Grunt

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
RIT333, I'm so sorry, that's terrible.

Clearly, the car running is the actual cause, but it's a sad reminder of why CO detectors in living areas are important. We're now required to have 1 on each floor of the house.

Miles, I put a spare battery-powered CO detector in the garage, which provides a bit of peace of mind. But my "new" tractor (Kohler Command-powered) kept setting it off when I'd start it in the garage, before immediately driving it outside. Not sure if the carb tuning being off a bit is the cause (I do need partial choke to avoid surging), but something about that engine seems to trigger the detector. Since I've finished tractor work at the moment, and moved it out to the shed, I need to remember to put the alarm back in the garage. I had moved it temporarily due to it going off frequently.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
watching Band Of Brothers. got it for xmas and now just have gotten to it.

what a show!!! can not keep my eyes dry.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Oh wow, that's a great new experience to have! That was a fantastic series, I've watched it several times. And based on real events, which is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well, I got to cleaning up my frame and gearbox for my tiller, and got it primed and painted ... also cleaned the handles and other parts with a flap disc on the grinder and my bench grinder, probably prime and paint those tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I pulled out the old air conditioner and put in the new one.
It is so nice to have an air conditioner that you can barely hear running and keeping the house cool.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Miles, I put a spare battery-powered CO detector in the garage, which provides a bit of peace of mind. But my "new" tractor (Kohler Command-powered) kept setting it off when I'd start it in the garage, before immediately driving it outside. Not sure if the carb tuning being off a bit is the cause (I do need partial choke to avoid surging),
having to run part choke would likely do it. i got a lawn mower with manual choke and you can tell it is running rich till you turn the choke off at which point the exhaust cleans up. also the plug in one with battery back ups are usually the better option. then you don't have to worry about changing the batteries every 6 months or yearly or whatever it is.

sold a lawnmower and snowblower couple days ago. tried selling them together originally and never got much interest but selling them separately got them sold and very quick. even got a couple $$ more than i was asking for them together. i am glad to have them gone since i was tired of moving the snowblower around to get it out of my way. today i worked on a lawnmower that i have decided to sell. i like it since it has the exact same deck as my machine so my bag is compatible with it but i got 6 lawn mowers. 1 of them i will likely have to sit on till next spring to sell since it is a really nice machine but no reason i couldn't try selling the one so i would only have 5 left.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
guy gave me a honda that kept breaking belts for free. said he was tired of messing with it. the bottom belt guide was bent and grabbing the belt and breaking them. for the life of me cant understand why he didnt see this when replacing belt.

replaced guide/ everything okay now.

gonna be a profitable flip. Zero to whatever the market will bear is always a winner. pic of similar blower

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yesterday and Today I've been working on a JD TRS-26. It came from one of my church buildings. It was replaced with a new Ariens Compact 24 and because of how decent of shape this TRS-26 is in, I'm going to make it into a spare machine. It's gotten a new carb, fuel line, fuel pecock valve, and I've touched up the black engine paint in most areas. Starting on touching up the bucket with John Deere Green spray paint, and am going to separate the auger housing from the drive section and see if the fly wheel will come off easily and pull the auger apart to touch up the inside of the bucket and auger as well. It should clean up nicely. I want to install an aftermarket light on it as it did not come with one, but has the stater and wiring for a light. After this, I'll do an oil change, new plug, and test it out and then put it into long term storage.
I've also got a few other projects to work on when time permits.
1. early 90s Ariens ST1032- overall in good shape, needs the inside of the bucket re-painted. Can't believe they waned to get rid of this and replaced it with another Compact 24. Glad I got my hands on this.

2. Ariens 22 inch single speed. Just needs a new carb and a throttle assembly. Nice little small driveway machine.

3. John Deere TRS-27 It was replaced with a Compact 24. this year. This one has definitly seen better days. Needs new carb, fuel lines, plug, and some paint touch up. We'll see what I can do with it. I might be able to fix it up enough and sell and get $100 for it after taking the cost of parts into account. This machine is beat up but the auger still works well. Needs drive adjusted, maybe new friction wheel. I may just scrap it and sell the 8HP Techumseh engine.

4. Ariens 1130 (I think) 2007ish. Sounds like the auger grenaded. Engine is good, drive is good, but I'll take apart the auger gearcase and see if I can fix it myself. replaced with an Ariens Deluxe 30 this year.

And I think they are still planning on replacing a JD 826, JD 524, and JD TRS-27 this year as well. I hope to get my hands on those.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Too hot to wander out, I watched the MKMartin version of the old Riest series 1000 tractor mounted snow thrower and I just shook my head in disbelief. They eliminated the small consumer snow throwers for sub compact tractors; fools!!

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
building a totally black Honda HS80. does anyone know a good way to seal the paint on a gas tank? from what i know I have to use a 2 stage or 2K clear paint over the flat black I'm doing.

usually I powder coat but since the shop I use for this raised their prices 50% I have been just using rustoleum 2X primer and paint which comes out pretty good. just havent done a gas tank yet.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
my wife wont let me work in garage on sundays but I can sure as heck to told to clean bathroom, bedroom , and rearrange furniture in the living room.......and it's only 1030.

I knew sumting was up when she cooked a big country breakfast.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
got another freebie today. had a stuck piston that was really easy to break free. didn't even need to lube it. just had tried turning the crank both ways at the pulley and it freed up. just sucks that the previous owner stripped the electric start gear trying to crank the engine. seems to run/work as it should. it will definitely needs better skids to help strengthen the bucket but that is pretty normal on machines like this. i even got the operators manuals and spare plastic kill key thing with it. also ended up trimming that bush in background. it annoyed me enough that i trimmed about 2ft off of it an was able to move that wood box back about 2ft. also trimmed some off the top. i think i brought the bush down to about 5ft. wouldn't mind taking a bit more off the top but don't want to do too much at once.
20200726_142739.jpg

20200726_142745.jpg

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
thats a pretty good distance for a machine even if it is free. luckily for me this machine was just 2 minutes from my place. makes it a lot easier to make money if you don't spend it on fuel to pick the machine up. i got a bit more left to check and service on the machine but it seems like a pretty decent machine for a freebie.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
40 miles out here is like 5 miles on east coast. i commuted 42 miles each way to work until i retired. every one of my cars had over 300k miles on them.

just lazy today. plus the old 55's dont have some parts available of they break.don't like to sell machines like that. i do have an excellent, almost showroom 55 that has a bad finaldrive gearbox. i could have gotten this 55 and switched everything over.

oh, well , maybe will find another one locally.

15841 - 15860 of 15969 Posts