Snowblower Forum banner

16501 - 16520 of 16689 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks Claude, it was my first car and I have enjoyed it for 38 years, it is definitely a keeper:)

That looks like a sharp 70 Chevelle in your garage.
Yeah, thanks! ;) I bought it back in '11, it was nice but I still had it restored on a rotisserie and like yours, it's definitely a keeper. (btw, it's a '71 )

Claude.✋

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
both of you make me wish i could have kept this yet to keep it would have meant loosing the M22 trans yes 1970 real ss 454 4 spd
i really don't see the big deal with taking the m22 trans out if you like the car. you toss it in the corner till you want or have to sell the car and then it goes with the car. it only hurts the value if you don't have the original trans to go with the car.you see stories like it all the time. people yank the original engine/trans in favor of a bigger or more powerful engine and toss the original in a corner somewhere till it gets rebuilt and put back in the car many years and sometimes many owners later.

got some more snowblower work done today. got the noma snowblower at my sisters place running like it should. also got the pull start cords replaced on my nephew's and their neighbors snowblower. i told the neighbor i would do it about 4 months ago and just finally getting around to it lol. also got my nephew to install the electric start on his machine so it is one more thing done. i still got to work on the other neighbors machine but he has everything all locked up so might have to try hitting him up this weekend to fix the tire on his machine. slowly getting things cleaned up at my sisters place also helped a friend pick up their new vehicle and changed out the headlights on my suv. installed 1 used and 1 new headlight. couldn't tell any difference. both old lights worked but had moisture in them. 1 should have been replaced when i bought the thing but it kept working lol.

·
Super Moderator
toro 928 ohxe 38801,
446 Posts
i hear that crazy! it's IMM!! i'd be hurting the car to install a hydro, remove the clutch pedal, console and linkage swap, butcher the wiring to add a neutral safety switch, save the engine rebuild the lady was a survivor never had the body off, but sure needed it .

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
neutral safety switches are for wimps lol. my 1 truck use to be stick and the neutral safety switch on it has only worked for reverse lights. i can start it while in gear which i had actually found handy on a few occasions. my elcamino can also start in drive but it is because of how i have the switch adjusted. reverse lights come on in neutral on it lol. you could have probably got a floor shift setup of some sort and left pedals and linkage alone unless it is in the way.

·
Super Moderator
toro 928 ohxe 38801,
446 Posts
hear you, again it was all in my mind about altering a ## correct car. bad enough it had a aftermarket intake and carb , proper went with the car, 2 gone 2 still here, wifes 79 C3 that has been rodded 383 700r4 wilwood brakes, wheels and tires than it's not a really desirable vette being a rubber bumper and the cobra

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Last night I refurbished a 2005 Yukon regency cluster. Not sure I like this one! Needles are red with red background, it kinda makes it hard to see.

10:[email protected] +13°C ( +55°F )

·
Retired Moderator
9,969 Posts
Ok, as long as we're pulling out our cars. Wish I'd hung onto this guy. '83 madza 454 Th350 Great street sleeper.
Working on a pile of wood chips trying to get them spread around my fruit trees. Already covered my garlic bed and raspberry plants.
Going out to close the pool after another cup of coffee. Once again waited too long and it's cold here up north messing with water. Have to remember to do it mid September while the air temps are still up in the seventies and the sun's nice and warm.

Rx7 front.jpg
83 rx-7 hood off yes it is a BBC.jpg
83 RX-7 454.jpg

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
WOW!!
Boy does that BB fill the engine bay. Bet that car was a blast to drive and a hell of a sleeper.
Very clean install, assuming entire drive train was changed to handle the torque of the 454?

Did you have any cooling issues with it?

·
Retired Moderator
9,969 Posts
I bought it with the BBC installed and did some straightening out of the mechanics and electrics. Unfortunately they just dropped in the engine and trans and it still had the stock driveshaft (shortened) and stock rear end. Had I hung on to it longer I had intended to move the engine back some and replace the driveshaft and rear end.
It was the second fastest thing I'd ever driven next to a AA altered, alcohol injected, bored out BBC at the strip. I never quite opened it up due to the visual image of those little Madza U-joints in my mind. In fact it was almost impossible to keep the tires from squealing from a standing start no matter how easy you were on the throttle starting out. This this was just crazy fast. Made my supercharged Thunderbird feel like a Geo Metro in comparison. It had an electric water pump and an electric cooling fan. Never drove it for long periods but never had it overheat. If I had moved the engine back I would have installed a bigger radiator. It would have also given me the room to reinstall the condenser so I could have AC.

·
Super Moderator
toro 928 ohxe 38801,
446 Posts
nice mark! i've done a few SBC's into them, pretty much easy with the kits on the market, never seen a BBC into one, rear end wise the stocker is pretty beefie hands the sb with ease http://www.grannysspeedshop.com

what did i do today?
how about a new friction disc into the toro 38801 what a pain 3 years old between the rust and this i've lost faith in the brand
didn't help that the air temp was 40 deg f and it took 3 hours yes i was to lazy to go and get the propane tank filled so i could turn on the heat

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Got My Underground Yard Waste Syndicate Going Here Last Night. Been Bringing leaves by the Truck Load Here. Growing Grass In A Few Spots.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I graduated in 74 driving a 62 Chevrolet Impala, in 73 I drove a 1948 Chevrolet pick-up, the one with the opera windows in the corners.

16501 - 16520 of 16689 Posts