Snowblower Forum banner

16521 - 16540 of 17147 Posts

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I graduated in 74 driving a 62 Chevrolet Impala, in 73 I drove a 1948 Chevrolet pick-up, the one with the opera windows in the corners.
5 window pick ups were wonderful.
now i do feel old, graduation was 1963 driving a 50 ford crestliner 2 door flathead 8 with 2x2's 3 on the tree . not long after graduation it was choose or be drafted, navy was better than army, 3 hots and a dry bunk ver, 3 colds and a dirt fox hole in NAM.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Lost a few cousins in Vietnam. Those who didn't die came back worthless except Francis that eventually pulled through.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
61 to 64 chevy's looked the best of them all on that frame.
when i got home in 68 i found a 64 ss 409x 425 and got it. today i would love to find a 62 bobble top.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
265 was only made from 1955 to 57,57 chevy painted them yellow the 283 was red . 62's had the 235 I 6, 283, 327 or 409's . no mater what was under the hood they screamed looks
Yeah I remember now it was a 283 with the stinky pipe. Same as my 59 Corvette.

7:[email protected] +3°C ( +37°F )

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
frost here 30 degs f . from here on snow any day that thought makes me happy i was able to replace that friction wheel and belts yesterday as servicing that machine in the cold won't be easy , no easy swapping the belts no matter how one looks. to much in the way .

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
See what makes you happy depresses me. Seeing the leaves fall makes me sad in a way. Everything was so nice and pretty and colorful. Now everything is going to turn brown and grey, then white. Can't wait for May to come around, going to be 6 long months.

·
Registered
212 Posts
See what makes you happy depresses me. Seeing the leaves fall makes me sad in a way. Everything was so nice and pretty and colorful. Now everything is going to turn brown and grey, then white. Can't wait for May to come around, going to be 6 long months.
Don't get depressed...spring is just around the corner...
Claude.
fullsizeoutput_e9.png

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
did something i always swore i wouldn't do, jump out of a good running plane, yep took my first and last sky dive .it was a BD present from sky diving buddies, when asked if i wanted to do it again NOPE NOPE!! and NOPE.

·
Registered
212 Posts
did something i always swore i wouldn't do, jump out of a good running plane, yep took my first and last sky dive .it was a BD present from sky diving buddies, when asked if i wanted to do it again NOPE NOPE!! and NOPE.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!... o_O I'm already afraid of heights... I'd have a heart attack for sure!!😫

Claude.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
i am not a big fan of heights either. i went on yukon striker last year and going up and the initial drop was hard to deal with but the rest was pretty fun and manageable

saw this pop up on facebook as parts for $20. seems low on compression and rebuild parts don't seem readily available but bar and chain on it seem to be in good condition. i figure worst case senario it would not be too hard to get my $20 back out of this thing. if i can use the chain/bar on my machine it is worth it. a new bar/chain is about $45 and this one looks like it hasn't been used much.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I drove to my son's house in Bath about an hour northeast and picked up his 2007 Honda Civic which he is giving to my niece after he bought a new Subaru Crosstrek. I'll put new rotors and pads on it next week so it can be inspected.

On the way home, I rescued this Mantis Deluxe 7264-12-02 tiller from the roadside. Said it wouldn't start... Brought it home, gave it a bath, changed the oil and gas, cleaned the carburetor and had it running smoothly in under an hour. It had a new-in-box edger attachment, too!

16521 - 16540 of 17147 Posts