Snowblower Forum banner

16561 - 16580 of 17181 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Way too mild here for snow, haven't turned on the heat yet this year. Unreal. Must be the mildest October on record.

21:[email protected] +13°C ( +55°F )

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
helped a friend finish setting up their weight machine. was still missing parts but luckily we were able redneck repair it with stuff we were able to get from the hardware store. he is definitely into this machine more than he should be. it cost him $100 but with all the missing parts/hardware he is pretty much in it close to $200 especially after he pays me for my time lol. also setup a portable kitchen storage island for him. at least that was brand new so no missing parts.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
good day for a change. more money came in than went out.

wifewill makesure that changes tomorrow,

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sold my surplus NIB SnowJoe SJ618E to the first person to contact me on Craigslist. They're selling at Sam's Club for $105 and I sold this one for $100. This is the one I received from SJ customer service to replace the SJ615E that burned up its brushes last year. The SJ615E cost me $88 with the optional cover and two chute cleanout tools with brackets and I still have all of those, so way ahead on this... My 80V Greenworks is all ready to go on the deck!

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Sold my surplus NIB SnowJoe SJ618E to the first person to contact me on Craigslist. They're selling at Sam's Club for $105 and I sold this one for $100. This is the one I received from SJ customer service to replace the SJ615E that burned up its brushes last year. The SJ615E cost me $88 with the optional cover and two chute cleanout tools with brackets and I still have all of those, so way ahead on this... My 80V Greenworks is all ready to go on the deck!
View attachment 169410
a lot of people ask me about the greenworks so looking forward to your report card.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Making progress on my headache rack and testing the traffic director and strobes for my F250.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got to use my curb-find Toro CCR2000 this afternoon. It worked pretty well with the 5” of wet stuff we got today. Listed for sale with pictures of it in action.

·
Registered
210 Posts
WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???? LIVE FROM THE PARADISE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I was Running The Lawn Mower and Today I Had To Raise "SR" Up From The Dead. 7 Inches of Heavy Wet Snow We Got Here On 10-20-2020. Just SomeThing More To Add To This CRAPSHOW Of A So Called Year.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
today hopefully willbe a good day.costco run for the fun of it and In and Out burger will make the wife happy.

i sure scored big time with a low maintenance wife. i buy her anything she wants and she doesnt want anything. have to twist her arm to buy her stuff. she's disabled from strokes and just splurged ona 700 dollar oversize recliner so she has more room with her too little dogs. had to talk her into it just to get that. she wanted to find a used one on craigslist and i said what and get lice or bed bugs?

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
just spent 2 hours in a dentist chair, root canal finish up and start of a new bridge . up side is the dentist tech is a 50 year old looker she helped keep my mind off what was happening
2 small dogs, i wish 2 Great Pyrenees here they each need the whole sofa never mind a chair

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
just spent 2 hours in a dentist chair, root canal finish up and start of a new bridge . up side is the dentist tech is a 50 year old looker she helped keep my mind off what was happening
2 small dogs, i wish 2 Great Pyrenees here they each need the whole sofa never mind a chair
had adental hygenist one time that had me thinking bad thoughts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
how much are you asking? I have one but it needs a new primer bulb. just wanna fix and sell.
Got to use my curb-find Toro CCR2000 this afternoon. I put about $90 in parts in it and it worked pretty well with the 5” of wet stuff we got today. Listed for sale with pictures of it in action. View attachment 169422
$180, but this is Toro country. Not bad for a 30 year old machine. Someone’s on their way to look at it now.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
$180, but this is Toro country. Not bad for a 30 year old machine. Someone’s on their way to look at it now.
i sold a toro 3650 about a month ago for $150 to a guy that drove 2 hours each way to buy it. even had it sold less than 24hours after listing it. that looks like an older version so but if the demand for them is same around you as it is here i can see it pulling in $180. heck i could have probably got $200-250 for the one i had but i just wanted it gone which is why i listed it cheap.

short day helping a friend today. ran out of wood and screws and he forgot his wallet at home so couldn't even get more supplies. oh well. i guess we can just finish up the rest of the work tomorrow. it was going to be a multi day job either way. this will just ad another day to it. just taking the sag out of a ceiling at someones house without dropping all the drywall.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
This morning I took my wife's TLX to the Acura dealer for an oil/filter change and a winter wheel swap. Never again, I thought GM dealers were bad. They over torqued the lug nuts and they put the wheel looks, I never asked for that. Then they tried to up-sell me on air filters ( $138 ) for the engine air filter and the cabin air filter. I asked the service advisor " Was that something I asked for on the work order" Anyway when the tech pulled the cabin air filter out he dropped a bunch of leaves in the fan. You should have heard the buzzing. I made them clean it after I had paid and said "You better not ask for money". Can't wait for the e-mail survey... The $hit will hit the fan in the next morning's briefing.

18:[email protected] +11°C ( +52°F )

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Got to use my curb-find Toro CCR2000 this afternoon. I put about $90 in parts in it and it worked pretty well with the 5” of wet stuff we got today. Listed for sale with pictures of it in action. View attachment 169422
thanks. hope you sell. ordered a primer bulb and gonna sell mine. probably 150.not many toropeople around here.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
WHAT BB doesn't ? thou i do like this one in a 2500 pound car 427 block 040 over 428 crank = 452 inchs
That's pretty awesome. I know the Cobras are really powerful, and extremely fast, but I had not realized how light they are. Wow.

On the way home, I rescued this Mantis Deluxe 7264-12-02 tiller from the roadside. Said it wouldn't start... Brought it home, gave it a bath, changed the oil and gas, cleaned the carburetor and had it running smoothly in under an hour. It had a new-in-box edger attachment, too!
They were just throwing it away??? That's an amazing find, as has already been said! Wow!! And it's the "holy grail" of, err, Mantii. Not just the Honda 4-stroke, but also the big one, the 25cc. Geez, that's awesome, enjoy! It even looks to be in great shape. Heh, I can't imagine throwing something like that away :)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Just put my power saw ( Stihl MS 170 ) for sale on Kijiji.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
thanks. hope you sell. ordered a primer bulb and gonna sell mine. probably 150.not many toropeople around here.
i bet there is toro people around you and you will get that $150 easily. toro's may not be as big of a money maker as honda's but seems like there is a market for them older 2 stroke toro single stage machines. i have tried a couple single stages and always found the older 2 strokes seemed like they worked better. you need almost need a 208cc 4 stroke to compete with those old 3-4hp 2 strokes.
Just put my power saw ( Stihl MS 170 ) for sale on Kijiji.
i think stihl has those on sale right now also lol.

16561 - 16580 of 17181 Posts