Snowblower Forum banner

16681 - 16700 of 17181 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
well i was planning on doing nothing today because of the weather but ended up helping the neighbor fix his snowblower since i was tired of him running the electric start on and off for most of the afternoon about 30ft from where i am relaxing inside. luckily it was an easy fix. he cleaned the carb but wound the main jet screw all the way in lol. about 1.25 turns out and it was purring like a kitten lol. he just has to finish re-assembling it now lol.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
idid an engine switch on a honda hs55. but the donor engine is from a tracked machine going onto the wheeled machine. the belts are different sizes.
i thought it was gonna be easy but the top belt pulley wheels are also different sizes. I think I am going to have switch those out also.

cause the wheeled auger belt is too big and the tracked auger belt is too tight.

·
Super Moderator
831 Posts
read the local weather report snow Friday the temp? well that's for the valley not mountain top so 37 down means about 30 up top
Fri 30 | Day
37°

90%
N 10 mph
Snow during the morning will transition to snow showers during the afternoon. High 37F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
beanie,/whites, otherwise known as uppers /or speed some drivers used them most didn't
What's you talking about..........The correct term was POCKET ROCKETS. Don't you know? 10/4? :D

·
Super Moderator
831 Posts
10 4 good buddy. at my age the brains a n't what they used to be, plus i never touched them we did have a few drivers who did

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
helped level small illegal set of stairs today. they were not perfect but way better than they were originally. whoever built them originally just put deck blocks on dirt and 2 sank and 1 slightly lifted. lifting thing is easy but lowering stuff sucks and i am not replacing the steps since i don't want to be held liable for there being no railings or permits. the no railing thing is the thing that really bothers me especially since there is a 2ft drop off the top landing.

also started servicing the snowblower i found for my neighbor. you can definitely tell it is a chinese snowblower but over all it seems like quality is pretty good. only thing left on my list is impeller mod, make sure the fuel system is clean and lube a couple cables. ran it long enough today to really verify the heated handle bar warmers seem to work pretty good.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
helped level small illegal set of stairs today.
Good thing you're not in my neck of the woods... I built a barn for myself (by myself with a high school student helper) as a retirement present back in 2006. When the foundation guys pitched the floor from back to front for drainage, they got it 1/4" higher at the back than the blueprints called for. So when I built my very rugged stairs per the design specs, the bottom step ended up being exactly 1/4" less than all the others. The new code enforcement officer (first day on the job) was going to make me tear them out and start over. The retiring CEO (known him for decades) who was also there gave me a wink and that was that...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
ya that is why i didn't want to get into replacing it. i would rather just level out what is there and call it done. it only took about an hour. everything was over all in pretty decent shape other than just being built on mud instead of building a proper base for the deck blocks to sit on.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
returned another recliner to Costco today after 3 years. the stabilizer cross bars are too thin. One broke and i welded it . then another side broke and I repaired that. Then another and I said enough is enough.

I took it back and they refunded us even after I told them about the repairs. Instead of getting another one like we did last time we went to R.C. Willey and spent double the money for an oversized recliner for wife and dogs.

5 year warranty but most of the time we look at Costco first because of their no hassle return policy. we spend a lot of money there.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
gave up trying to clean a gx390 carb. only 8-9 years old but too much water damage, fine rust. no matter what I do I can not remove main jet and emulsion tube. several sessions in cleaner, penetrating oil and Marvel Mystery oil and no luck.

Usually all of the above works. Just decided to tell owner he needs a new OEM carb. plus told him why, that is bad gas, water in gas , water in tank. The bowl is ugly with rust damage.

I learned the hardway about trying to save people money but at the same time causing me extra work. Have cleaned hundreds but sometimes I should have just replaced the real sketchy ones. Cause they will work fine for awhile and then start acting up again......usually the following season and I'm back to square one with a free follow up cleaning to get er going again.

Now, I know why my local dealer doesnt do carb cleanings anymore. They just replace. More cost effective in long run.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Spent a few hours with an ST1032 today. New carb, new fuel line, new primer line, full tune up including plug, oil, gear oil, auger grease, cleaned and rinsed out the gas tank, new fuel shut off valve, champion plug, every zerk got a few shots of grease including in the drive. fine tuned the carb. Good to go.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Today I started putting the Encore away for the winter, still need to do an oil and filter change and rotate the tires, but I have six months to do that.:sneaky:

21:[email protected] 0°C ( +32° F )

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Installed the winter tires on the Charger and Mini today. The weather "experts" are saying chance of 30cm of lake effect snow possible on Sunday/Monday. We will see.

Lake Huron was angry today, but one brave soul was out enjoying himself.

20201028_134252.jpg
20201028_134305.jpg
20201028_134308.jpg

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
[
Installed the winter tires on the Charger and Mini today.
What year Mini? I've repaired quite a few of their FOBs. Cycle both of the FOBs if you want them to last because of the rechargeable batteries if it's an older one.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
It's a 2014, luckily the FOBs have replaceable batteries, just replaced one of the FOB batteries a couple of weeks ago.

16681 - 16700 of 17181 Posts