Snowblower Forum banner

17801 - 17820 of 17953 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I went and picked up (free!) an incredibly heavy antique Nustone concrete sink with two tubs and fancy cast iron legs. Appears to have been manufactured 2/3/1925 which is the year the house it came out of was built. It's about 4'x2' and 14" deep and has a soap holder molded into the divider, as well as a screened portal between the two tubs. Had this exact same utility tub set in my parents' 1st home growing up. I'm going to use it as an outdoor utility sink.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went and picked up (free!) an incredibly heavy antique Nustone concrete sink with two tubs and fancy cast iron legs. Appears to have been manufactured 2/3/1925 which is the year the house it came out of was built. It's about 4'x2' and 14" deep and has a soap holder molded into the divider, as well as a screened portal between the two tubs. Had this exact same utility tub set in my parents' 1st home growing up. I'm going to use it as an outdoor utility sink.
View attachment 173599
View attachment 173600
View attachment 173603
Nice. As a boy we lived in an old home with 3 basin soapstone laundry sink setup. Its so practical. FWIW we also had a large ice box, cast iron kitchen stove and coal furnace. You folks would have loved the automatic screw feed on that thing.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Nice. As a boy we lived in an old home with 3 basin soapstone laundry sink setup. Its so practical. FWIW we also had a large ice box, cast iron kitchen stove and coal furnace. You folks would have loved the automatic screw feed on that thing.
My maternal grandparents' house had a coal bin with an outside chute/hopper and the screw feed into the furnace. It was converted to oil about 1962-3 when I was 6 or 7. Their home was across the street from L.C. Andrew Log Homes in South Windham, Maine. That was the family business and they shipped log home kits all over the world.

Reactions: Darby

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R
68 Posts
that would be a slippery slope towards a cashless society.
I don’t believe so. It shows man’s greed to have more and trying to satisfy that void that can only be filled supernaturally. Why settle for $2 when people will pay $2.99. More, more, more.

We are taught that, “Where your treasure is there your heart will be also. Matt 6:21

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I don’t believe so. It shows man’s greed to have more and trying to satisfy that void that can only be filled supernaturally. Why settle for $2 when people will pay $2.99. More, more, more.
and your right. the government will want more more more when they know how much everyone truly has or has coming in that they never claimed or paid tax on. i think if we became a cashless society it would definitely hurt a lot of people not being able to have things stay off the books.

·
Registered
232 Posts
View attachment 173599

View attachment 173600

View attachment 173606
We have the same thing in our laundry room. House was built in 1942.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Don't worry, Bit Coin is going away very quickly very soon. What a stupid idea.
I don't think so. I don't think it's stupid, just needs tweaking. If it does go away it will just be replaced by something similar. To me the idea of having a world currency that changes what it's worth with inflation is a great idea. Governments just have to figure out taxation regulations to stop the rich from laundering so the tax load doesn't keep falling on the little guy.

Got a call this morning for a cluster repair at 8:15. Guy dropped it off at 8:45 and picked it up at 9:45. Everything went smoothly. Wish all clients were like this.

10:25 @tm -3°C ( +27°F ) with light snow flurries.

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
Returning another purchase to costco. seems like half the stuff we but there has to be returned. this time its that Bissell floor and rug cleaner. we gott for our wood floors. the swiffer is easier and just as good.

nearly 300 bucks.gonna get a new microwave. our old costco one actually lasted about 10 years or more which must be a record.

My parents still had most of their stuff from the 50's that were still working.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My XX microwave only lasted 3 yrs. I won't tell you the brand, but I worked for the company for 40 yrs. I need to install the replacement this week. Definition of insanity...I bought the same brand, and expecting a different outcome.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yesterday's noshow showed up today at 13:00, this also went smoothly. He wanted it LEDed in green.

14:25 @tm +2°C ( +36°F )

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I purchased a microwave in 1987, it was huge and heavy compared to todays models. I think I paid $500 -600.00, which was a lot of money back then, at least to me.

Fast forward to 2010, our new dog (a rescue) would freak out every time the microwave would beep, beep when it was finished operating.
We replaced the old microwave with a new one and dog was not bothered by the new one at all.
We gave the old one away, and as far as I know it is still working fine.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
was it one of those old ones without the rotating table? i think my dad still has one sitting under the counter that works. i think we got him a newer one because the ones with a rotating plate do work a lot better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes it was the style that did not have the rotating platform.
Well, today while wondering if it will ever snow again, I changed the blowers oil using 5w20 synthetic. I also lubricated all moving parts topside. And I made small adjustment on drive control rod and speed selector rod. And fluid filmed auger/impeller housing and chute. All dressed up and no place to go !

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
finished rebuilding the mopar a833 4 spd trans, swapped out a 6 year water softener that failed . nothing i can print over that and home depot that's clean enough to not be censored.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I just can't buy stuff from Home Depot. Bought a combination door 20 years ago and nothing since. Great door though or I should say the manufacturer is. When I needed a part Home Depot gave me an email to write to.

·
Super Moderator
1,607 Posts
i paid for it on the 8th from stock to be delivered in 4 days, corp tried the drop ship it from the maker in ohio, on a trucking company that won't come up my street as thier drivers can't drive a city single axle with a 20 ft single axle jitterbug trailer ,back up 60 ft to a corner back around it to get back out,
whats burning is i already waited for parts the usps lost which killed the unit making for a full replacement

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
almost just had a catastrophic failure. pretty sure i caught it in time. running along and then all of a sudden i see oil spraying out the side. shut it down real quick. there was still oil on the dipstick. maybe about 1/8" below the lower limit line. the plug definitely jumped out of the engine pretty good. found it about 2ft from where i stopped the snowblower. i cleaned things up and lock tightened it in there. i never use these plugs so i don't get how it all of a sudden came loose. at least i was nearly done what i was doing anyways. i used the Ariens for most of todays work since it has the more aggressive auger assembly for chewing up the ice i chopped up. also cleaned up the sewer grate at the bottom of the street since i notice water starting to pool and we are suppose to have a couple days of warm weather.

17801 - 17820 of 17953 Posts