Snowblower Forum banner

18661 - 18680 of 18796 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
10,769 Posts
Gosh, hope you recover quickly & completely! I fell on the river when I was ice fishing a couple of years ago and when I got home I noticed that my knee felt funny. Creepers for me on ice from now on...
Dude ! Don't post photos like that. I have a worn out knee that's going to need to be replaced in the not too distant future and seeing that just make it hurt all the more. 😢

'puteh, wish you a quick recovery.

I bought slip on cleats as the roof tends to drip down onto the front walkway and I've slipped way too many times on that ice almost going down. Have to say I still don't wear them as often as I should. :(
First vaccine shot today. Hope to duck side effects but next couple days will tell. Just happy to be able to get in to get it.

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R. #2- 10M6
180 Posts
Brother orange time to invest in one of these! Get rest!

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
working on a commercial honda 828. that is used maybe 10 times more hours than a residential machine.

it had that broken auger pulley wheel for starters. a kid bought it from the High school so trying to salvage as much as possible. cables being lubed for 2 days. tank being flushed out due to some rust , both augers cracked at ends where the auger gearbox shafts go into so some welding there. Handlebars cracked. New bearings. Spring had to be replaced on tensioner , Carb brand new so that is the best component on machine. Installed zerk on final drive gearbox and pumped in some grease.

Told the owner that gearbox was WAY overdue on a rebuild but told him not worth it. That is about a $400-500 repair and the machine is not worth half that. Tried to talk him out of this service/repairs due to cost but he wanted it done anyway. Said it may last for rest of winter and/or next if very lucky.

Told him it would make a great parts machine and encouraged him to find a decent 928 in off season and keep this one for parts since everything is interchangeable.

dont have any pics but sorta looks like this.

Attachments

Reactions: Darby

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dude ! Don't post photos like that. I have a worn out knee that's going to need to be replaced in the not too distant future and seeing that just make it hurt all the more. 😢

'puteh, wish you a quick recovery.

I bought slip on cleats as the roof tends to drip down onto the front walkway and I've slipped way too many times on that ice almost going down. Have to say I still don't wear them as often as I should. :(
First vaccine shot today. Hope to duck side effects but next couple days will tell. Just happy to be able to get in to get it.

Yeah, I like cleats when it's icy outside, my wife doesn't like me when I don't take them off before running into the house to take a leak though.
You know us old guys. When you gotta go, you gotta go! I ain't freezing my manhood off for anything!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Yeah, I like cleats when it's icy outside, my wife doesn't like me when I don't take them off before running into the house to take a leak though.
You know us old guys. When you gotta go, you gotta go! I ain't freezing my manhood off for anything!
Pee outside. The fresh air does ya good.

Got the Shibaura out and did some springtime prep, then mowed a few molehills to clean up the underside of the deck (and reduce the molehills). I'll lube it after noon breaktime.

Warm but very windy.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Used the Toro Powerlite snowblower to clear out a foot of snow on the patio and deck that has accumulated over the past couple weeks. The snow was getting a little deep and I want to have the emergency escape available. I was so impressed with how well this machine works. The sound of the 2 stroke Tecumseh engine is quite satisfying and addictive.

I overworked the machine to the point the snow got all over the gas cap and blocked the vent and caused fuel starvation and the engine died a couple of times. Didn't realized it at the time that's what was happening because I was having so much fun. Took out the big Honda HS1132 to do the rest of the patio. It has been a long time since I this machine has to work on a foot of packed snow. It was so much fun loading up this snowblower with a healthy amount of snow until the governor kicks it.

So tempted to put the snow in the neighbor's driveway. The machine wouldn't have any problems doing so. If the neighbor was out of town for a couple days in Lake Tahoe, I would have done it. The limo would have to drop them off on the street and not on the driveway. :) . This one would be for you orangeputeh.

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
MARK
please don't talk about knees
just that thought and knowing i'm facing a double hurts,
isn't this getting old FUN?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Village election tonight... after serving on the council in various positions for the past six years I got a pass this year.

Finished quick, back to the shack earlier than I thought I'd be... ok for a Saturday night.

Steady on. 🍻

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welp...Saturday morning. Discovered to my chagrin why my alarm clock didn't work Tuesday but did work Wednesday thru TODAY. I had to reset everything when the breaker to my bedroom flipped last Monday evening, luckily my body clock woke me up only a half hour later than normal Tuesday. Had the year set to 2020, not 2021. So, it apparently thought today was Thursday 2/20/2020 - therefore Tuesday 2/16/2021 it thought was Sunday 2/16/2020 - and didn't go off.

No biggie, I crashed HARD at 8pm last night, would have woken up early anyway. I know it has a battery backup, believe it is a CR 2025...need to replace that today.

So.....what fun outside do I want to have today? See if I can figure out what is troubling the 325i maybe? More shed work? Finally do some work towards an impeller mod? Dunno yet - but it will be comparatively balmy outside, high in upper 20's today - and I do want to accomplish some things this weekend even though dead dog tired.

No big after-affects from 1st Covid shot. Arm sore like it can be whenever I get a flu shot, but nothing I can't handle. I'm old...used to everything hurting when I wake up ;)

Mmmmmmm, coffee.

Reactions: Miles

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R. #2- 10M6
180 Posts
Picked this up this morning! Old girl needs some love. Couldn’t pass it up for the price.
She lived last three years under an oak tree outside as our winters have been very light. She was stuck to the frozen ground and didn’t want to leave, but I sweet talked her and she couldn’t resist! 😉 once she thaws out She will get a massage.

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
a spray paint can exploded in my hand today. never has that happened in over 50 years.
what a MESS!!! it happened in house.

not the can but the top blew off and sprayed widely all over. scared the holy heck out of me.

thank goodness I had my glasses on......

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That happened to one of the guys i work with, can exploded in his hand,and onto a trouble light. The result was an airlift to hospital due to the burns. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Only 2 inches of snow here, so the Greenworks and I did the whole property again and let the Honda sleep in... When I was done (after about a half hour), I was surprised to discover that there were still 2 out of 3 LEDs showing on the battery gauge. The snow was heavy and wet and the chute clogged a couple of times, so I expected the power usage to be higher.

Reactions: Darby

·
Registered
250 Posts
a spray paint can exploded in my hand today. never has that happened in over 50 years.
what a MESS!!! it happened in house.

not the can but the top blew off and sprayed widely all over. scared the holy heck out of me.

thank goodness I had my glasses on......
Man, you better take a week off! If it wasn't for bad luck this week, you wouldn't have any luck at all!

18661 - 18680 of 18796 Posts