Snowblower Forum banner

18701 - 18720 of 18796 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Monday morning...and my body is aching all over. Very sore. I suspect next weekend will be a light one - might drive up to the cabin and walk down the road, see how it came through the winter. But, no more projects for a week, need to heal up.

The forecast all week is glorious, hopefully it makes a big time dent with all the snow everywhere. We're also 3 weeks away from school spring break and I would like to open up the cabin that week (3/15 thru 3/19).

Do your thing, sunshine.

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
i wish for some sun and above 32 temps, but no mother nature has snow in mind 3 to 5 more today before some heat,

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
covid shot 1 sore arm for sure, numb feeling in arm of the shot, tingling face, pounding head ache . nothing really major.

mother nature is doing her thing again man is it coming down

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
covid shot 1 sore arm for sure, numb feeling in arm of the shot, tingling face, pounding head ache . nothing really major.
mother nature is doing her thing again man is it coming down
Glad you got the shot Charlie. I got my second shot on Saturday and only had a sore arm from both.

Reactions: captchas

·
Registered
803 Posts
Learned (re-learned...I actually knew about it, never experienced it) a lesson with impeller mods. Went to blow out the EOD after the morning run, and Badger's impellers had ice in it. Yeesh, shoulda checked. No damage, but it did occur the very first time post-mod.

2 hours in an above freezing sun, all melted away, belt was fine. I guess the good thing is the pads I created evidently sealed things up in there nicely. Juneau handled the slop just fine though, so all done. Now my driveway will have a way of draining as the snow and ice melts.

Got the 325i on the charger, figured 16 days since the last run - with a week effectively below 0F the entire time - that this would happen. No biggie.

It did not take long for the icicles to begin dropping around the home. Had an 8 footer (!) this morning when I left at 6am...gone. They're all pretty much gone.

C'mon sun!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Used the 2 stage to clear about 3 inches of heavy wet snow off the driveway and the EOD. The Honda threw the sloppy snow about 15 feet. I cleared the eod first and then the driveway so there would not be salt on the snowblower as I finished the job. It didn't run well when I started it, sputtering a bit and I remembered that it needed gas. I wanted burn off as much old gas as I could. It's going to be well above freezing this week and this may be the last snow of the year. Sometimes we get a light snow in early March here in Maryland.

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
working on a wheeled Honda right side tranny is a breeze.

about 10-15 minutes to open up. all I can find is a blown bearing. the small engine shop quoted the owner $1100 for this repair plus service.

I bought it from him for a song .......nope ain't telln how much folks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We got a little over 3 inches of wet heavy stuff and then it rained for a bot making it 2 inches of miserable crap. I waited for it all to pass went out and cleaned off the decks. I knew the wife would not have enough arse behind it to push that heavy stuff with the 4 foot snow plow I got. So I gave her some mercy in the morning and did it myself . I pushed the front deck and stairs and did the 6 foot walkway all the way around to the side where the garage is. I was constantly taking manageable bites with the shovel so I could push it ok. Then where it opened up I took one push made it about 8 feet and was like UM NOPE. Opened up the garage door and fired up the TB Storm 2665 and started. It was throwing it only tops 3 yards at best it was not enough to really get some thru behind it. So I cut two pathes in the center line and then did the ends to turn in and set that red headed step child on max speed and let’s rip tater chip. I was nearly jogging behind it but the increased speed helped with volume and it was tossing it about 12 to 15 yards now. So that helped. Got the driveway and walks and decks done in record time. Less than 46 minutes. Just hope the neighbors aren’t top upset I was out there from 11pm to 1146 by the time I sat down on the couch and grabbed the iPad. Truth is I don’t care if they are upset they tried to block us hard from building on our own land. Let them eat “it” for a little bit.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Anxious to see the roads this morning, it stayed above freezing all night! Yesterday afternoon was great to drive in, the sun did a wonderful job clearing most (but not all) streets and roads on my route. I actually saw quite a bit of bone dry pavement. Also went through a bunch of low spots where the curbs were still iced over and the storm drains not cleared - LOTS of standing water.

Also received a pleasant surprise. I had parked my 325i for about 16 or so days because of a leak in the engine bay of some sort during the deep deep deep freeze. Charged the battery, fired up, appears the leak is gone. Drove like a champ too. Radiator is full, power steering res was a tad bit low, now full. Brake fluid reservoir full. I'm stumped what it actually was other than maybe power steering fluid reservoir had a seal that shrunk up a bit in the cold. But the smell in the cockpit was gone when idling and no stained snow on the ground...gonna drive it and keep an eye out and my nose clean for it to reappear.

Reactions: Darby

·
Registered
803 Posts
Interesting day yesterday at work. Couple buses got into fender bender accidents with parked cars, couple got stuck. The temps were juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust below freezing when we started out, and with all the snow melt, many portions of most routes had that "one bad spot" where it was nothing but black ice. One mechanic radio'd in to our dispatcher "do NOT send any more buses down this street or we'll be right back out here".

My ride was perfectly calm. I have only one true bad spot but fortunately it is flat and cars can't park on it.

High temps were low 40's, clear blue sky day. 90% of my driveway has melted off, only the EOD ice layer remains. Temp at airport NWS site is now 32 degrees, first hour overnight at that number. Supposed to be sunny and 37 today so the melt should continue nicely.

·
Registered
896 Posts
We drove an hour and fifteen minutes to get the covid vaccination at the Mass Vaccination Site at Six Flags America in Bowie, Md. It was staffed by the National Guard and very well run. You stayed in your car the whole time. There were three checkpoints before getting the vaccination. The National Guard had 30 lanes of cars, with 15 tents set up. The tents were drive-thru with two cars on each side of the tent and staff/tables in the middle of the tent. It took us 45 minutes total with a 15 minute waiting period after the vaccination.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Spent 9 hrs. reloading a web page today before giving up—trying to help my wife get a COVID vaccination appointment for her 91 year old father. Our Alberta Health Minister says, "Getting through won’t be simple with fully 230,000 free-range seniors now eligible for vaccination."

OK...what the @#$% is a free range senior ?????

Are they grass fed? Are they wandering aimlessly around the prairies unsupervised? Shouldn't someone be out there collecting them?

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
Spent 9 hrs. reloading a web page today before giving up—trying to help my wife get a COVID vaccination appointment for her 91 year old father. Our Alberta Heath Minister says, "Getting through won’t be simple with fully 230,000 free-range seniors now eligible for vaccination."

OK...what the @#$% is a free range senior ?????

Are they grass fed? Are they wandering aimlessly around the prairies unsupervised? Shouldn't someone be out there collecting them?
PC BS BY AHM

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
went and ordered a power steering kit of the 2004 yamaha rhino, with the big tires on it , it's been a bear to steer
doesn't seem to hard a job to do

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
trying to get warm. 5 degrees this morning. started fire in wood stove and had some chicken noodle soup.

garage work will have to wait until after lunch.

Reactions: Miles
18701 - 18720 of 18796 Posts