Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Ariens ST824 924050
25 Posts
Nice gem… Looks like they relocated the chute crank. Originally there was a welded bracket on the opposite side of the chute, in the area of rust there it looks like its been cut off. But the new setup looks good! The chrome handlebars were replaced in 1980, where the engine went from white to black, and handlebars from chrome to black tubing. On my -83 924 I always use snow chains when blowing snow, so the «turf tires» works great.

To find exact year, look at the engine. On the top of the Tecumseh engine you‘ll find the engine serial number. It’s on the forward part of the flat portion over the recoil starter. It’ll start with HM80, and the 5 last digits state time of production. My engine ended with 2307D, that means «year 2, day 307». As the engine was produced late year 2 (1972/1982/1992/2002) and the s/n stated 80’s machine, I concluded that the machine was fitted with the engine in 1983. As your machine is white, your engine is produced in 197x.

EDIT: Looks like you are missing the engine covers with the serial number on your machine though…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts