Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out my machines this weekend, checked all the maintenance items and was going to wax them with the same Turtle Wax I use every year when I thought it would be worth asking what everyone else uses and if there is something better than standard auto wax.
Please chime in with what you use, maybe something different in the auger than on the exterior? Secret hacks that work?
I'm planning on busting out the blowers next weekend to shine them up so any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Whatever I grab from my upper garage by the house .... its all good ... :)

I think at the moment, I am using Nu Finish. .... just looked its Nu Finish and/or 3M Cleaner Wax. I have both in my shop.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
+1 on New Finish! I might try some new ceramic stuff my son has in the shop. See if that lets the snow slide off any better.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys, I've seen Nu Finish on the shelves and never tried it, maybe I'll give it a go this year, though there is still half a can of Turtle Wax left over from last year.
So Auto Wax [of some sort or other] is the way to go?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I always go for the deluxe HOT WAX.........

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Honestly In six decades, I've never waxed any piece of equipment in my life.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
@deez .... it does protect the equipment, looks better, and water/snow usually beads right off ... :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
What ever brand of auto wax I have on the shelf.

I also coat the interior of the bucket, augers and chute with Fluid Film in the spring when I service it for storage. I will usually re spray once or twice during the winter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What ever brand of auto wax I have on the shelf.

I also coat the interior of the bucket, augers and chute with Fluid Film in the spring when I service it for storage. I will usually re spray once or twice during the winter.
Zig , if you want to try the Krown spray it's only available at a home hardware , cheaper than the fluid film and it's a big can.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I use the Fluid Film more for preventing snow from sticking to the auger and chute, it also a great lubricant.

Do you find the Krown spray does this as well or is it more for rust prevention?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it works as good as FF Zig , a can of it goes much further for less money . I think it was $8.99 the last can I got. It's a good lube as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I started getting into vehicle exterior detailing for myself this summer so I have a few waxes and sealants kicking around. I plan on putting some Meguiars Ceramic liquid wax on the outside of my blowers with FF for the inside of bucket, chute and augers.
I always wax the blade on my plow truck and ATV but its effect is generally gone after the second use. I try and top them up with a spray wax during the season when a sunny and somewhat mild day arrives.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Silicone spray on the auger, impeller, housing, and chute.

·
Registered
712 Posts
@deez .... it does protect the equipment, looks better, and water/snow usually beads right off ...
We live in our own little bubble on this site. Never have I taken a visitor to my storage shed to admire my machines. Shiny just doesn't do it for me. I've got better things to do. Just me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I should have been more clear on the request.
I usually wax the interior of the auger, chute, and auger flights to keep ice and snow from building up, I was wondering if anyone else did the same and if so, what product they used.
I prefer shiny so I wax the exterior as well, I don't do it for show, I do it because I like it that way.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts