Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
I started getting into vehicle exterior detailing for myself this summer so I have a few waxes and sealants kicking around. I plan on putting some Meguiars Ceramic liquid wax on the outside of my blowers with FF for the inside of bucket, chute and augers.
I always wax the blade on my plow truck and ATV but its effect is generally gone after the second use. I try and top them up with a spray wax during the season when a sunny and somewhat mild day arrives.
Can't go wrong with Meguiars. I buy all their products.

I use Fluid Film otherwise. Nice and shiny and keeps snow from sticking.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
I guess I should have been more clear on the request.
I usually wax the interior of the auger, chute, and auger flights to keep ice and snow from building up, I was wondering if anyone else did the same and if so, what product they used.
I prefer shiny so I wax the exterior as well, I don't do it for show, I do it because I like it that way.
I would also if I took 1000 hours building that beautiful 50. I'd be afraid to even use. it. Would park it in living room so I could admire while watching NFL football.
Wife would let me too ..........otherwise I could live in garage ( which I practically do anyways )

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would also if I took 1000 hours building that beautiful 50. I'd be afraid to even use. it. Would park it in living room so I could admire while watching NFL football.
Wife would let me too ..........otherwise I could live in garage ( which I practically do anyways )
Thanks for the lulz orangputeh.
I put a couple scratches on it while fine tuning the cables, probably going to put a lot more on it this winter, I rebuilt it to use it. Fortunately I took a bunch of pix with it in pristine condition so I can go back and remember when...
I plan to use it for the walkways, back porch, and pathways to woodpile and for the dog [that's why I got it in the first place], not going to be a very glamorous life for the 50. It will also serve as a backup for the driveway if the newly "reconditioned" Ariens falters somewhere. Or if I just don't want to lug the big Ariens out of the crawlspace I'll use the 50, it is quite a bit lighter and works very well [just will take longer as the 50 is a 22" where the Ariens is a 28".
But, last year it got a lot of snow/ice build up in the auger/auger flights/auger fan [most likely due to the rust on them] but every little bit helps. I generally wax the whole thing with good ole Turtle wax but figured I would ask around for what others did.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax. I used it on my car. Great protection.

I live on Long Island. For the cars I used Zaino waxes and sealer. They would last around 4 months. So I tried the Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax. Spray on, wipe off. Last for months. With one bottle I do my Tundra and Corolla and Ariens blower and have plenty left.

Catch it on sale.

BTW: for you car (if you want to try it) work in SMALL areas like the instructions say.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I ended up just using the Turtle Wax I use every year, it was convenient and the weather lent itself to an old school wax application this morning. Did both machines.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Gas

Wheel Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Both are ready to go.
I had a problem with icing in the Honda auger last year, mostly due to surface rust, I don’t think that will be an issue this year.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts