Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very often wonder, as I read all of the various posts from the members here, what their user name means, or how they came up with it. I'm sure a lot of other members wonder the same thing from time to time. Some of the names are straight forward and easy to figure, and some of them, I'm not even sure how to pronounce. :)
So I decided to start a new thread to see who would participate. I'll go first.
Blue Hill. There are a range of hills to the south of where I live called the Blue Hills. I used to hunt and hike back there a lot. I have a blacksmith shop I call Blue Hill Forge and blacksmithing is a hobby that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. That's all there is to it. Who's next.:)
Larry

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
When I first started joining internet discussion forums (mostly railroad related) it was 1996, I was 27 years old, single, and in a band. The bands name was "Johnny Chaos" and we played the bars and festivals in Rochester, NY from 1995 to 2000. (then in 2000, everyone turned 30, got married, and started having kids! ;) that kills a lot of bands! ;)

Since my name is Scot, and I was in a band named Johnny Chaos, I thought the username "scottychaos" was clever..I honestly didnt give it much thought..so I started using it on several forums..(remember, I was 27 years old! ;)

Fast-forward 18 years...im now 44, and for several years now I have gradually started to think the username "scottychaos" sounds a bit stupid..but im still a member of several forums where it is used! I have been using that name for so long, I cant change it...and its even incorporated into one of the railroad forums that hosts all my webpages:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/Ariens/

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/snowbird/

So for many things, it simply cant be changed..I will be living with my casual decision, when I was 27, probably for the rest of my life! ;)

But when I started joining new forums, I didnt want to use that name anymore..
So I chose "sscotsman" for some, (the extra-s on the front is only because the name "scotsman" is usually already taken!) and sometimes I also just go ahead and use "scotlawrence"..my real name.

my username here, "sscotsman" comes from the fact that I have only have one "t" in Scot, because Scotland only has one "t"! ;) my parents felt if one "t" is good enough for Scotland, its good enough for me..rhe felt the extra "t" in "Scott" was redundant and unnecessary..and growing up with only the one "t", I have always felt that "Scott" looks weird..what is the extra "t" for anyway? ;)

(We are of Scottish and English descent..and my Dad played the bagpipes)

So thats the evolution of my various usernames, over the past almost-20 years..

Scot

·
Registered
581 Posts
Clearly, I'm boring and have no creativity based on my user name, lol. Talk about straight forward, mine is arrow straight. After I signed up and saw all the cool names I tried to go back and change mine but I guess you can't revise that info so here I am, Mr. Ray 1962 10ML60. I enjoy working on the older equipment too, like a lot of us here, and have a 1976 MTD snowflite 4/22 I've rebuilt, a 1979 Ariens Rocket 7 tiller, and a 1988 21" Snapper hi vac self propelled. I also love old Pontiacs and still have my first car, a 1976 Grand Prix my father bought for me for $300 when I was 16.
If I had it to do over, I would've been "62thro" or something a little more creative. Love all the info and ideas posted here, great group of people on this forum, always helpful.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been accused of being arrogant, or pompous because of my username! However, my first canoe was manufactured by the Great Canadian Canoe Company, and that's where my username comes from.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Well, I went through the 60's and early 70's as a bad person and we'll leave it at that. I was just awful. Then a biker friend who was rotten as I told me about how to turn from my awful life and give my heart to God and accept the Lord Jesus as my Saviour. I am at'most a poor example of what it means to be be a Christian. i chose the name Micah 6:8KJ and that stands for the book of Micah in the Old Testament, King James version, chapter 6, verse 8. It says. "He hath shown thee, oh man, what the Lord requireth of thee but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.". When I see my username I try to remember those words and to try and be an example. I'm not ashamed nor do I try to be preachy but I will share my faith with whomever asks me.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
there are actually two parts to my name but i didn't know if det-drbuzzard could be used so i've always wrote it down as detdrbuzzard. the det is for detroit and drbuzzard was a cb handle given to me in the late '70's by a friend. he was listining to an eight track of dr.buzzards savana blues band st the time

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
there are actually two parts to my name but i didn't know if det-drbuzzard could be used so i've always wrote it down as detdrbuzzard. the det is for detroit and drbuzzard was a cb handle given to me in he late '70's by a friend. he was listining to an eight track of dr.buzzards savana blues band st the time
Your name always did intrigue me William. You ol' buzzard!:D

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
bbcub stands for bearded biker cub cadet. I belong to the Kawasaki en 450 , model 454 forum. right now I have 3 cub cadets and I go to the cub forum to see what is going on also. I think you guys are all super on here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
my name is kind of random i got it from this video game a friend was playing. it is a war game and the mechanic in there has a wrench that could fix any vehicle in the game and at the time i was sining up here i was also thinking of getting a new impact wrench so yeah not that existing of an story but thats how i created my name

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
my name came from the blower that I got for free from a customer and still have it today. Even tho I have had other blowers in the past and all most took the 69 to the dump. I stumbled on SSCOTSMANS site and saw all the cool ariens redone . wich also led me here . I got the bug.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I work in a body shop as a frame tech. One day someone referred to my frame rack as an operating table, and I became a framedoctor. Plus it's kind of universal, so that I can use it on any site.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Over the past couple years I really discovered my great interest in building and working on projects; one of those projects was the building of a motor bike which only topped out around 20mph. And there are a couple other uninteresting factors went into the name, but that's how SlowRider came to be

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
A battle position I once occupied.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I always rode and raced dirt bikes,atvs and snowmobiles an have a tendency of not letting off the throttle in crazy hairy areas were most would be cautious. So I was told lol and I would over jump areas on the tracks because I just wouldnt let up on the throttle.if it hauls ass an burns gas its been my kind of thing. The 450 was the size of quad I raced .

1 - 20 of 62 Posts