Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another forum and it got a few pages worth of good responses.

What is your best modification or improvement? I've seen lengthened handles, chute modifications, etc. What have you done to vary from stock to improve performance or comfort?

Mine is stock now, but I plan to add some lights at least.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a 1985 5241 24" Snapper large frame snow blower. I replaced the tired 5hp briggs with a 6.5hp Honda Clone, replaced the old turf type tires with Snow Hogs, and installed my home built impeller kit. This machine will throw any type of snow or slush, I used it this morning after a 6" snow fall of light snow and it performed very well. When i got to the street it was already starting to melt and was slushy. While I had to go pretty slow it threw the slush about 20 feet and it looked like a fire hose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Added Roller Skids. They have really made moving the machine around much easier. No freeze up or problems with them at at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if i had a 2stage machine, i'd add a piece of glide slicks to the shoes. glide slicks or something like that, are strip kits found in bass pro, &such, they screw into boat trailer bunks,& man o man, it helps the boat on n off like 2 ice cubes rubbing together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts