Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a H70 longblock that does not have holes for the electric starter(even though the flywheel itself has teeth for the electric starter) -> it may be a mutt.

I may be able to get my mitts on a H50 longblock that does have the starter holes. What's would be the easiest way to make a good H70 out of the 2 engines?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Others will have to give you the specifics.. But this I know- The starters are not interchangeable. I 'think' The bore on 5hp is smaller than 7hp- but that is to be verified by the more knowledgeable. Aren't I just a bundle of help.

·
Registered
550 Posts
H5 and H6 have the same bore size. The 6 has a 1/4in longer stroke.

The h7 has both a larger bore than the 5 &6 with an even longer stroke.

So really the only thing you could do is make a 5hp block into a 6hp with a new crank/rod and possibly a piston change.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon further review by the seller, it turns out he actually has a H70 for sale and the block has the starter holes on the block. Guys, I appreciate the quick feedback. I think I'm going to pick it up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
**** I have been looking for an H7 for a few weeks on craigs list now

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does the H70 have the "bosses" [ spots where the holes should be on the block?] If so you could drill and tap holes for the starter. Some starters might need to be shimmed out with a washer or two to make them work. That was my experience.
Sid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts