Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone here have any information about this snowblower (make, engine size, etc.)?

Any insight would be very appreciated.

002.jpg

001.jpg

TIA! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone here have any information about this snowblower (make, engine size, etc.)?

Any insight would be very appreciated.

View attachment 179700
View attachment 179702

TIA! :)
The motor should have a stamp on it somewhere to help you identify it.
Looks like an old Montgomery Wards model sort of like this one [this one has been repowered with a different motor, but the auger housing looks similar]:

Cub Cadet also made some older model track drives which may be a match.
Could have a mish-mosh of different parts that will make your search more fun.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm certainly not. I'm thinking of getting that tall chute for my 10000 series Ariens and also am wondering what is the size of that OVH engine. If it's any bigger than 212 cc, I'll pass.
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
it looks like a Chinese knock off of a mtd machine. the dead giveaways on that thing are the skids and primer on the air filter housing. the cheap chinese snowblowers always have the primer on the air filter housing and they usually always have the skids up front instead of at the back. the chute is also sort of a give away. they get very narrow towards the top and have a small deflector.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I think it is this Chinese model, they are claiming to have both 9 and 11 HP models.

If it is free or very very cheap, it might be worth seeing if you can make the chute fit your Ariens. Other than the engine, the remaining parts are probably worthless IMHO, I wonder if the tracks would fit a Honda or Yamaha machine, probably not?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it is this Chinese model, they are claiming to have both 9 and 11 HP models.

If it is free or very very cheap, it might be worth seeing if you can make the chute fit your Ariens. Other than the engine, the remaining parts are probably worthless IMHO, I wonder if the tracks would fit a Honda or Yamaha machine, probably not?

View attachment 179706

We are on the same page. As of now, the chute is the only item that interests me ... unless I realize that the engine size is 208 or 212 cc. The rest ... I would leave on site to be picked up for scrap.
I'll talk to the seller again tonight.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
@crazzywolfie
Does this mean that this chute is not as efficient as other tall chutes?
Thanks!
i would say they are ok for smaller amounts of snow but they kind of limit how much snow snow can go through it at a time
@Ziggy65 i would guess they run the same tracks on it as the mtd version. there is likely a lot of similarities to the mtd's but also likely lots of difference. i know there is a lot of small things on that bolton machine i bought which you would kind of expect out of a higher quality machine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
I really wouldnt waste my time or money on this.

Get something with a proven track record. You can do some searching around here and the same brands will keep popping up on good used reliable snowblowers.

You get what you pay for. Do you like to cuss a lot in a snowstorm???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really wouldnt waste my time or money on this.

Get something with a proven track record. You can do some searching around here and the same brands will keep popping up on good used reliable snowblowers.

You get what you pay for. Do you like to cuss a lot in a snowstorm???
I now realize that I should have been more specific with my question. It tended to make people think that I was looking for another snowblower. I'm not. I was just interested in the tall chute and maybe the engine, if its size is 208 or 212cc.
Thank you! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts