Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself a snowblower enthusiast. This is obviously the site to come to for like-minded persons. For me, I love the snow! Certainly, I can do without the frigid cold, But the snow, i’ll take it. I Love the thought of a good snow blower machine. Many would suggest I’m crazy. Certainly there are many that don’t appreciate the snow as I do. I understand that driving a vehicle in the snow is not always the ideal. But I grew up with the “big snow” as an ideal. You can hear the complaints from many. The grumbles and wines for summer to get here as soon as possible. I have nothing against the summer, but for me, the winter is an essential balancer. I would not give it up for a warm climate in a million years. There is something healing about those quiet days with light snow and cold winter nights. The memories of building those snowman as a child and slinging snowballs at your friends. The Spirit and excitement of the holidays and family times. Sitting in front of a warm fire drinking Cocoa or other things. Of course I am a dedicated snowmobiler as well, but a good snowblower falls into these times perfectly. Secretly, I look forward to the times of running a good blower Machine out and moving that snow. I look forward to helping my neighbors.
Perhaps there are many that could care less. For them, worrying about snow removal and good equipment is nothing more than an inconvenience. Something that they’d rather not invest a lot of money on. I do not subscribe to this philosophy. Instead, I follow more of the Tim Allen approach to lawn equipment.
So, am I crazy? Has the cheese slipped off my cracker? The question remains, but winter means something different to me than some others...
😀

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I love winter and snow. Having work for the school District for 32 years cutting grass etc and snow plowing . Always felt good when after a snow you could look back and see the results of your 4:00 am starts. Cutting grass and other jobs it was hard to see what you have done but snow everyone thanked you for the plow job all the schools were happy to give you cookies next time they seen you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some relatives that live on the west coast. One of them has a habit of bragging when she hears of a major winter storm bearing down on us when she has 80 degrees where she is. With a wink and a grin on my face I congratulate her, all the while knowing that I wouldn’t trade places with her for all the money in the world. She would never understand. A famous author once said, “You can’t go home again.” Winter snow brings me home every time. It is in my blood.
As far as OCD? Let’s pause for a moment while a put a nice coat of wax on my Toro 1432. Vroom vroom!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The OP hit the nail on the head! Snow brings me back to my childhood in CT. Very little gets me as excited as a local forecast which includes a significant snow accumulation. I just don't see those as much in MD.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I consider myself a snowblower enthusiast. This is obviously the site to come to for like-minded persons. For me, I love the snow! Certainly, I can do without the frigid cold, But the snow, i’ll take it. I Love the thought of a good snow blower machine. Many would suggest I’m crazy. Certainly there are many that don’t appreciate the snow as I do. I understand that driving a vehicle in the snow is not always the ideal. But I grew up with the “big snow” as an ideal. You can hear the complaints from many. The grumbles and wines for summer to get here as soon as possible. I have nothing against the summer, but for me, the winter is an essential balancer. I would not give it up for a warm climate in a million years. There is something healing about those quiet days with light snow and cold winter nights. The memories of building those snowman as a child and slinging snowballs at your friends. The Spirit and excitement of the holidays and family times. Sitting in front of a warm fire drinking Cocoa or other things. Of course I am a dedicated snowmobiler as well, but a good snowblower falls into these times perfectly. Secretly, I look forward to the times of running a good blower Machine out and moving that snow. I look forward to helping my neighbors.
Perhaps there are many that could care less. For them, worrying about snow removal and good equipment is nothing more than an inconvenience. Something that they’d rather not invest a lot of money on. I do not subscribe to this philosophy. Instead, I follow more of the Tim Allen approach to lawn equipment.
So, am I crazy? Has the cheese slipped off my cracker? The question remains, but winter means something different to me than some others...
😀
Good stuff! I look forward to moving that white stuff with the snowblower too. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I don't look forward to it but I'm well equipped to take care of it. I sometimes even sweep whatever is left. I especially like to keep my painted civic numbers clean and visible on the assphalt.

Can even see them on google map. lol

·
Read Only
871 Posts
moved south to sc lasted 6 months came back home, if your from the north good chances you will hear d_ - - yankee a lot is it nice? YES cheaper taxes nice property , some what back woods people still fighting the civil war

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am the most winter driven person my friends know, just love the stuff! I plow snow in the winter when my Real Estate biz slows. Great way to meet new people, see new properties and I do the snow removal for my listings. Just picked up a clean used blower this season because I have work for it, just another excuse to spend time outside in the mountains, in the winter. It just doesn't get any better for me. I too am a snowmobile guy, going out tomorrow with a few buddies, first real trip of the season. The last one usually happens in June... I really do not enjoy summer, I cringe at temps over about 75F. The snow is my happy place, and tomorrow I will be really happy playing with this snow toy!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can’t imagine how awesome it would be to snowmobile in the mountains! You are truly blessed. Watch out for those avalanches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perhaps some of it is about adventure, about excitement, about freedom.
About taking your mind off all of the stress or day to day details. Maybe some of it is reliving childhood, when nothing was more important than what is in front of you at the moment. I’m one of those that holds anxious anticipation for winter. The hopes and dreams of what could be. For me, to live any other way is crazy. Those who do not have an appreciation are missing out. I will never be able to explain how much...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The OP hit the nail on the head! Snow brings me back to my childhood in CT. Very little gets me as excited as a local forecast which includes a significant snow accumulation. I just don't see those as much in MD.
CT has got to be awesome in the fall & winter. Gives me the Norman Rockwell idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ever notice that when you’re excited about the coming snowmagedon, many others are grumbling as though it’s the worst thing in the world. To speak out of your true feelings in front of some others would draw speculation that you’re insane.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
well guys,wait till your in your 70's than snow becomes a nasty,dirty 4 letter'ed curse word,
when younger i loved it, national ski patrol, down hill race skiing, snow machining up state ny. snow was a good word than but i was also 40 plus years younger and in good shape.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can’t imagine how awesome it would be to snowmobile in the mountains! You are truly blessed. Watch out for those avalanches.
It was a lifestyle choice I made 2 decades ago. I grew up with snow as a Minnesota boy. We used to take family vaca to Colorado and I became addicted to the mountains. The beauty still chokes me up regularly, I never get tired of it. My weather is MUCH warmer and MUCH snowier than MN was, almost always a perfect mix of sun and snow. Making a living can be a challenge but worth every battle for days like this.

I will get some fresh pics today:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
I have to admit I'm like 87powershiftx2 in some respects. When we were kids living on the farm it was a dream come true with a big snow. With luck the road would be snowed shut for a few days which meant no school till the county plowed the road open. After doing our chores it left us the opportunity to get the sleds out and have some fun. As another 70+ person, now days the cold sinks right to the bones and having been in a couple of car accidents over the years, that only makes it worse.
As kids we had scoop shovels and a tractor with a loader to deal with the snow. Now days I have the Searsasaurus to deal with it in town. I can even tolerate the snow because of having a blower but that cold is something else. I find I gravitate to warmer weather activities as I can do them without the pain that winter brings.

·
Registered
755 Posts
😀
gasoline

1 - 20 of 23 Posts