Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey,

The one blower Ive ever owned has been my late 70s Gilson I aquired from my neighbor last year, for free at that. It was a good machine when I got it. Had the carb re-built on it before last snow fall and it ran great up until the ver end where I ended up having to borrow my other neighbors (very good friend) blower for the last couple snow falls.

I pretty much spent the summer tracking down parts for it as Gilson parts are out of production (unless you got the hook-up, HA HA HA) it took some time but now she is back to all her glory and cant wait to get her in the snow. Not that Im in a hurry for it to get cold though.

See if you can spot the custom parts I made. LOL

Cody

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Customs

I’ll start with the diamond plate deflector on the chute? Also looks like the same diamond plate for the pulley drive cover?
In addition to the two mentioned, the driftbreaker appears to not be factory (flat iron) along with the carb cover looks good but definitely different shape that any of the Tecumseh's I have. Don't know about the chute crank, looks at a different angle than any I've seen. Starter button looks like one from a later model unit that would likely have come on that engine (think it should be grey plastic type material with exposed plug ends). That's my guess

Add a couple of safety stickers and most people wouldn't know it from a new one. :)

Right now I have 7 Craftsmans: 3 hp single stage, 4 hp 20", pair of 5 hp 22", 7 hp 24", 7 hp 26" and 10 hp 26" (formerly 32" 3 stage). Plan to sell 4 of them this fall if all goes as planned, keeping the single stage, one of the 5 hp and the 10 hp.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts