Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am oblivious (wouldn't be the first time), but I've NEVER seen a snowblower like this one...looks primitive!

cman1.jpg

cman2.jpg

cman3.jpg

cman4.jpg

Here's the craigslist listing:

"I have a vintage snow blower craftsman 18 model # 53682125 with metal wheels 150.00 obo.It needs some work,It's been sitting for years. Joe"

Craftsman 18 snow blower

Thoughts?

Happy New Year!

Dave

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yea, there was one of these on here within the past month. It's the model where when it stops running, just add some wood or charcoal and use it as a smoker.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep.. Had one just like it. worked-later on made good display where my lp tank use to sit. ended up scraping it and put old horse pull wagon there instead.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Here ya go..

·
Registered
349 Posts
At least the wheels will work for awhile , but they should be mounted with coil springs.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wow, that's a blast from the past! I bought my first house in 1981 and it came with one of those in the garage... I replaced it in 1987 with a new Honda HS80K1TAS, which I still own, but is now sidelined by a 2017 Honda HSS1332ATD. The old Craftsman did surprisingly well for the 6 years I owned it, all things considered.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had one of those. Long story short my ex wife hated it. When we separated she put it to the curb. That was 2 months before the NJ blizzard of 95. Took her a week to shovel the driveway. karma! I wish i still had it as conversation piece. It was really cool. I found it on the curb back in '
82, 3 hp briggs locked up. All it needed was carbon cleaned from the piston. Even re-used the head gasket!

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
vicious looking little devils, but apparently they worked so there's some redeeming qualities to them :grin:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Don't need an impeller kit for it? Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts