Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thinking about buying used blower. Saw these 2 on CL near me. Appear to be in good condition cosmetically running okay. Pro and/or Cons?

A. $150 Yard Machines 10HP/26" appears to be FH Briggs or Tecumseh

B. $200 Sears 8.5HP/27" B&S OHV Sears model# 536.881851

Thanks,
Herb

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Where do you live, hoe much snow do you get, and how big is your driveway and it's slope and material ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you live, how much snow do you get, and how big is your driveway and it's slope and material ?
NE Ohio on the edge of lake Erie snow belt. I do two concrete drives on the street. Each about 60' long basically flat.
In years gone by a 208cc 24" MTD did the job.
Herb

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Hi,
Thinking about buying used blower. Saw these 2 on CL near me. Appear to be in good condition cosmetically running okay. Pro and/or Cons?

A. $150 Yard Machines 10HP/26" appears to be FH Briggs or Tecumseh

B. $200 Sears 8.5HP/27" B&S OHV Sears model# 536.881851

Thanks,
Herb
wouldn't like either machine for what you need. Something more reliable. Toro, Ariens , Honda maybe? People try to GIVE me Yard Machines and Craftsmans all the time and I turn them down.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Herb: as orangputeh noted, you will find that most on this forum recommend Toro, Ariens and Honda (and Yamaha in Canada). Old or new from these manufacturers, as long as the machine was not abused, can be made very reliable. Look for one of these, now is the time to buy used, prices are way down this time of year.

tx

Reactions: orangputeh
1 - 5 of 5 Posts